7 Things you can do this weekend: 15–16 July 2017
1. Grow, Cook & Eat Gardening and Cooking Workshop by CY Phang at Garden to Table, Section 14, 3pm - 8pm, 15 July
From the co-author of Grow, Cook, and Eat and owner of private kitchen Garden to Table comes a delicious and informative workshop where you'll learn the basics of becoming a savvy home gardener and cook. Afternoon tea, snacks, dinner and wine are included in the fee.
RM200 nett per person. For more info, visit the event page.
2. Cocktail Class with David Hans at The Berlin KL, 3pm - 6pm, 15 July
David Hans recently won the 2017 Giffard West Cup in France and has been hailed as one of the best mixologists in Asia. Join this one-time only workshop to learn how to make a cocktail, his way.
RM150 per person. For more info, visit the event page.
3. Bastille Day at Alliance Francaise de KL, 7pm - 11pm, 15 July
It's the French National Day! Join in the fun and celebrations to discover more about the culture.
RM20 per person. For more info, visit their Facebook.
4. Yoga in the Park: 100 minutes of Flow into your Light at KLCC Park, 10.30am - 12.30pm, 15 July
Breathe in, breathe out. How have your goals for 2017 been coming along? In this session, the instructor will lead you through an 80-minute yoga session to stretch, build flexibility, strength and balance; then 20 minutes of guided meditation.
RM50 per person. For more info, visit the event page.
5. CreativeMornings KL with Photo Artist Nadirah Zakariya at Uppercase Bangsar, 10am - 1pm, 15 July
Start off your weekend with an inspiring session with Nadirah Zakariya who started her photography career in New York and explores a woman's role through her art. Bring your own mug for freshly brewed coffee by Beans Depot or organic tea by SevenTeaOne.
Free admission. For more info, visit the website.
6. Pastry and wine pairing course at Pastry Institute of St. Honoré, TTDI Plaza, 7pm - 11pm, 14 July
In conjunction with Bastille Day, Chef Frederic Oger, the Master Pastry Chef of PISH and Master Sommelier Edouard Oger, a Wine and Spirit Consultant for the Court of Master Sommeliers "Europe" will be conducting a one-of-a-kind experience where you'll learn exercises and games designed to revolve around wine tasting and pairing, as well as the art of plating and combining flavours and textures for pastries.
RM298 nett per person. For more info or to reserve your spot, call 03 7732 9468 or email email@example.com.
7. Check out a new bar in KL
We've rounded up three here.