This Online Privacy Statement sets forth guidelines concerning how Indochine Media Ventures Sdn Bhd and Buro 24/7 Malaysia gathers and uses personally identifiable information you provide only to us (as compared to publicly available postings) as part of your interaction with this website. This Online Privacy Statement concerns only this website, and does not concern any website to which this site may link. Any personal data, not limited to names, emails, telephone numbers, addresses, social media accounts, collected via our website is governed by the Malaysian Personal Data Protection Act 2013.
The Types of Personally Identifiable Information We Collect About You
When you visit and browse our website, we may collect two different types of personally identifiable information about you: information you provide to us, and information we collect through technology.
Information You Provide to Us
- We collect information we request from you before we will permit you to obtain access to certain products or services we provide via this website, such as your name, postal address, email address, age, and telephone number you provide to us. You can chose not to provide this information, but then you might not be able to gain access to such products and services.
Information We Collect Through Technology
How Personally Identifiable Information We Collect About You is Used
We may use personally identifiable information we collect from you and about you when you visit and browse our website in many ways. Representative examples of the ways in which we may use personally identifiable information we collect about you when you visit and browse our website are set forth below.
- Use in Connection with User Profiles and User Interaction
- We may use personally identifiable information we collect about you when you visit and browse our website to complete transactions requested by you (such as your purchase of a product or service offered on our websites), or to send you administrative communications either about your interactions with us or about features of our website, including any future changes to this Online Privacy Statement. Users may choose not to receive email of the latter type by changing their “notification” setting to “Do not send me notification emails” during the registration process or in the user’s “Account Settings.”
- Use in Connection with Promotional Materials
- We may use personally identifiable information we collect about you when you visit and browse our website to send you promotional materials about goods and services (including special offers and promotions) either offered by us or by third parties. (By “promotional materials,” we mean communications that directly promote the use of our website, or the purchase of products or services.) We may also share your information with third parties so that these third parties can send you such promotional materials directly. These promotional materials may be sent to you by postal mail, email or other means. We may also share your personally identifiable information with third parties so that they can send you promotional materials about goods and services (including special offers and promotions) offered by them. If we share your personally identifiable information with a third party for this purpose, your personal information will become permanently subject to the information use and sharing practices of the third party, and the third party will not be restricted by this Online Privacy Statement with respect to its use and further sharing of your personal information.
- Use in Connection with Third Party Offers
- We may also share your information with third parties when you engage in certain activities on our website that are sponsored by third parties, such as purchasing products or services offered by a third party, electing to receive information or communications from a third party, or electing to participate in contests, sweepstakes, games or other programs sponsored in whole or in part by a third party. We may also share your personal information when you respond to promotional materials from us and authorize a third party to use your personal information for purposes such as, for example, sending you additional promotional materials, providing you a product or service, or entering you in a contest, sweepstakes or game. When you participate in such, you will either be required or requested to agree that the sponsor or business associate may use your personal information (including, in some cases, your email address) in accordance with the sponsor or business associate’s privacy practices. In certain circumstances, your dealings with a third party may have authorized that third party to obtain your personal information from us and to use that information in accordance with the third party’s own privacy practices and policies. For example, in using an online shopping service (such as the shopping services offered by Internet portals that refer the portal’s users to third-party merchants), you may have authorized that shopping service to obtain from the service’s participating third-party merchants (including us) information about your purchases conducted through the shopping service. We will provide such companies only the information that you authorized (except as separately permitted under other provisions of this Online Privacy Statement). In the example given above, the shopping service would be provided only information concerning purchases you made from us through that shopping service, and would not be provided any other information concerning you, unless any additional sharing of your personal information were separately permitted under another provision of this Online Privacy Statement.
- Other Uses
- Sometimes we hire companies to help deliver products or services, like a shipping company that delivers a package or a company that helps fulfill prizes for a contest. In those instances, there is a need to share your information with these companies. Sometimes we also work with other companies who help either gather your information or communicate with you. Except as separately permitted by the guidelines of this Online Privacy Statement, these companies are allowed to gather, receive, and use your information only for the purposes described in this paragraph or as required by law. Also, we may take any personally identifiable information that we collect from you when you visit and browse our website and make it non-personally identifiable, either by combining it with information about other individuals (aggregating your information with information about other individuals), or by removing characteristics (such as your name) that make the information personally identifiable to you (de-personalizing your information). Given the nature of this information, there are no restrictions under the guidelines set forth in this Online Privacy Statement upon our right to aggregate or de-personalize your personal information, and we reserve the right to use and/or share with third parties the resulting non-personally identifiable information in any way.
Additional Ways Personally Identifiable Information May be Disclosed
- In Connection With A Sale of All or Part of Our Business
- At any time, we may sell all or part of our businesses and your personally identifiable information may be transferred as a part of any such sale. In the event that we do sell all or part of our business, we will include provisions in the selling contract requiring the purchaser to treat your personally identifiable information in the same manner required by this Online Privacy Statement (including any amendments to this Online Privacy Statement).
- We will disclose personal information when it believes in good faith that such disclosures (a) are required by law, including, for example, to comply with a court order or subpoena, or (b) will help to: enforce our terms and conditions of use, including allegations of intellectual property rights infringement; enforce contest, sweepstakes, promotions, and/or game rules; protect your safety or security, including the safety and security of property that belongs to you; and/or, protect the safety and security of our websites, databases, and/or third parties, including the safety and security of tangible and/or intangible property that belongs to us or to third parties.
The Security Measures We Take to Safeguard Your Personally Identifiable Information
The security and confidentiality of your information is extremely important to us. We have implemented technical, administrative, and physical security measures to protect personally identifiable information we collect from unauthorized access and improper use. From time to time, we review our security procedures in order to consider appropriate new technology and methods. Please be aware though that, despite our best efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
Your Choices Concerning the Collection, Use, and Sharing of Your Personally Identifiable Information
You may choose to opt-out of receiving promotional materials from third parties and/or from us. These opt-out choices are the means by which you give us, or decline to give us, your consent to use your personal information to send you promotional materials. There are three methods by which you can exercise your opt-out choices:
- During the registration process on our website;
- After registration, by logging on our website and clicking on My Account and following the opt-out directions
Please note that, if you do not exercise your opt-out choices upon registration or initial log-in at our website, it may take up to ninety (90) days for your opt-out choices to be fully effective. Our systems require time to update, and promotional mailings using personal information shared before your opt-out may already be in process. Thus, you might continue to receive promotional materials from us or a third party based upon the personal information you have provided under this Online Privacy Notice for up to ninety (90) days. For similar reasons, your personal information might continue to be shared with third parties for promotional purposes for up to ninety (90) days.
Updating Your Contact Information and Opt-Out Choices
You can access and update the contact information you gave us during registration (that is, your postal address, email address, or any other information that would directly enable us to contact you), or modify your opt-out choices, log on our website and click on My Account. There are instructions on this page to help you recover your password if you’ve forgotten it. Please include information in the email that will help us identify your account so we can assist you with your request. We may also provide you an opportunity to update your contact information and/or modify your opt-out choices by sending you an email or other communication that invites your response. Finally, you may unsubscribe from certain email communications by clicking on unsubscribe links in those emails.
Amendments to this Online Privacy Statement
These guidelines were adopted with the realization that the Internet is still evolving. Accordingly, this Online Privacy Statement is subject to change. In the event that we materially change the guidelines set forth in this Privacy Statement, we will notify you by sending you an email at the last email address that you provided us, and/or by prominently posting notice of the changes on this website. Any such changes will be effective upon the earlier of our dispatch of an email notice to you or our posting of notice of the changes on this website. Please note that, at all times, you are responsible for updating your personal information to provide us your current email address. In the event that the last email address that you have provided us is not valid, or for any other reason is not capable of delivering to you the notice described above, our dispatch of the email containing such notice will nonetheless constitute effective notice of the changes described in the notice. In any event, changes to this Online Privacy Statement may affect our use of personal information that you provided us prior to our notification to you of the changes. If you do not wish to permit changes in our use of your information, you must notify us prior to the effective date of the changes that you wish to deactivate your account with us.
This website is not intended for children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from any children under 13.
Occasionally we make our subscriber list available to carefully screen companies that offer products and services that we believe would interest our readers. If you do not want to receive these offers, please email us at [email protected]