5 Things to know about Moschino Spring and Cruise '17
1. A combination of Moschino's Spring/Summer '17 Men's and Cruise '17 Women's collections, creative director Jeremy Scott presented the Italian luxury house's June runway show in Los Angeles for the very first time. Part of Made Los Angeles, it was held at L.A. Live's Event Deck space, which housed a quirky garden backdrop of giant inflatable flowers in bold colours—so very Moschino.
2. It was a vibrant, psychedelic sight on the runway; plenty of '60s references were apparent in a colourful mish-mash of retro, kitschy florals, animal prints, kaleidoscopic motifs and flared silhouettes. There is something for everyone: maxi dresses for the girl who loves a breezy walk down Sunset Boulevard, swimwear and summer coverups for the beach babe (and hunks), and when it gets a little chilly, there are plenty of statement outerwear to choose from.
3. In Jeremy Scott's groovy wonderland show and tell, details are of an abundance. Shisha-inspired mirror adornments, holographic floral appliqués, Sangallo embroideries, crochet work and fringed knits made for an impactful parade of looks. Just look at those matching bejewelled suits, how eye-catching are they?
4. As with all Moschino shows, it was a star-studded affair. Katy Perry, Cindy Crawford, Caitlyn Jenner, Vanessa Hudgens, Bella Thorne and more were in attendance. Likewise, the runway starred a bevy of highly sought after models including Miranda Kerr, Alessandra Ambrosio, Hailey Baldwin, Taylor Hill, Jasmine Tookes, Sara Sampaio and Anna Cleveland—all favourites of Jeremy Scott.
5. But it has to be the last model down the runway that made the biggest impact: Scott's muse and good friend Devon Aoki made a catwalk return after a lengthy absence. The model and actress's first ever runway show was for Jeremy Scott when she was just 13—that was two decades ago. Talk about the perfect runway reunion.
Take a look at the full collection here:
- Image: Getty Images
Buro 24/7 Selection
7 Minutes with Korean-American pop sensation, Tiffany Young
Best dressed of the week: Hannah Quinlivan, Kaia Gerber and Bella Hadid
5 Autumn/Winter 2018 fashion campaigns you need to see
Want to start a Malaysian snack food company? Amy Zheng of Amazin’ Graze shares her story
8 Indulgent beauty gifts to splurge on yourself for your birthday
Buro 24/7 Selection