3 Chic styles for long hair to help you keep your cool this CNY
Easy and quick
Worried about humidity and sweat ruining your CNY look this Saturday? Here are three looks that will help you beat the heat (with minimal effort!)
We’ve rounded up the best beauty collections to help you put your best face forward this CNY, curated all the nail art you could ever need to ring in the Year of the Dragon, and now we’re tackling the final step: that mane on your head.
Ahead, find the best hairstyles to rock this CNY—they’re heat- and humidity-proof and cute to boot!
Look like a lethal leading lady this CNY—this updo will keep your hair securely up and is both easy to recreate and absolutely stunning.
Get the look:
- Part your hair diagonally and into two sections
- Smooth down the hair from root to end, eliminating any unsightly bumps
- For one of the sections, do a normal three-part braid to the ends
- For the other, braid it into a rope twist
- Secure the ends with a rubber band
- Cross the braids over one another to form an ‘8’
- Once you’ve got your desired shape, pin it in place
- Slide a long hairpin or chopstick through the updo for the finishing touch
You can always take a simple pair of braids from drab to fab with some clever accessorising—and this pair of silk flower-adorned hair ties is the perfect accessory for your Cheongsam!
Get the look:
- Part your hair into two even sections
- Smooth your hair down and secure the sections at the nape of your neck
- Braid your hair down from the nape to the ends (your choice of braid is up to you!)
- Bring the end up to the base of your hair tie to create a loop and secure again
TIP: Sub out the hair ties for a pair of ribbons, clips or hair scarves! Also, if two pigtails are too girly for you, just recreate the style with one large braid. Or, alternatively, you can create a half-updo instead and curl the ends!
Claw clip pony
Too busy with reunion dinner prep and no time to spend on your locks? This simple claw clip ponytail looks put-together and takes no time at all.
- Tease your hair at the root, using volumising spray for an extra boost
- Curl the ends of your hair to conceal any scraggly strands and boost fullness
- Pull your hair back into a low ponytail
- Secure the ponytail with a claw clip, orienting the clip so that the teeth are at the top
- Optional: If you need a more secure hold, you can use hair ties to secure the hair at the start and end of the claw clip
TIP: For the best results, use a large claw clip with a chrome finish on the teeth
For more hair reads like this, click here.
|SHARE THE STORY