In our third (and last) instalment of our short hairstyling tutorial series, we try out a relatively simple and straightforward way to adding some bounce to a short, earlobe-grazing bob. If you have hair length that’s a challenge to style, we aim to change your mind today, with some help from a pro, of course.
We’d be lying if we say that this look is easy breezy—let’s face it, no hairstyling technique is child’s play upon first attempt. Whether it’s a tousled lob or romantic boho waves, practice always makes perfect and we can guarantee that you’ll never sport the same hairdo every other day in a week. (Tip: Try these looks if you’re really short of time but still want to look bomb before heading out.)
Watch the video tutorial above to learn the foolproof trick of curling your bob (without burning your ears, thanks to the very slight length of the hair). Buro’s Project Manager Angel Yau lends her super-cute ultra-short bob for our tutorial—we love how the waves complement her choppy, baby bangs. Try this look now:
1. Spritz volumising spray allover, from the roots to the ends, then blow dry for added volume.
2. Part the hair to upper and lower sections.
3. Begin with the lower section first. Start mid-length on a lock of hair, curl and twist it inwards with a curling wand.
4. As you move down the hair length (towards the ends), twist the wand outwards for a subtle flick.
5. Loosen the waves with fingers.
6. Unclip the top section of the hair and repeat steps 3-5.
7. Spritz hairspray to retain the waves.
Avoid leaving the curling wand in the mid-section and ends for too long—this will create an obvious dent in the hair instead of a gradual wave. If this happens, loosen it with your fingers and let it straighten out before applying hairspray.
Videography: Chong Yi Suen
Hair: Juno Ko
Art direction and styling: Loh Wei Yeen
|SHARE THE STORY|