8 Things you need to know about the Samsung Galaxy S8
A galaxy of possibilities
1. The screen: Both the Galaxy S8 (5.8-inch) and Galaxy S8+ (6.2-inch) are built with Corning® Gorilla® Glass 5—front and back—and feature a bezel-less design with Infinity Display which means a smooth, continuous surface with no button or harsh angles. The Home button is now invisible and embedded underneath the screen functions while the fingerprint scan and heart rate sensor have been incorporated on the back.
2. The camera: The Galaxy S8 is equipped with an 8-megapixel F1.7 Smart autofocus front camera and a 12-megapixel F1.7 Dual Pixel rear camera, guaranteeing great quality photos be it under low-light conditions or when zoomed in. With enhanced image processing, it will be able to take anti-blur photos.
3. Mobile security: The new Galaxy S8 is built on Samsung Knox, a defence-grade security platform and offers a fingerprint scanner, iris scanner and facial recognition to give uses a variety of secure biometric authentication methods to choose from.
4. The basic Galaxy features included: IP68 water and dust resistance, MicroSD support up to 256GB, always-on display, fast and wireless charging capabilities.
5. Bixby, Samsung's version of a virtual assistant: Unlike other AIs, Bixby is meant to work like an assistant for your phone. It's no search engine and instead aims to learn your smartphone habits and gradually adapt itself to cater to those actions. It can be operated via the new Bixby button or using its Voice function, and users will be able to crop a photo, apply a filter and more. In Camera mode, there's a button that offers its augmented reality features.
6. Available colours: Midnight Black, Orchid Gray, Arctic Silver, Coral Blue and Maple Gold.
7. Release date: 21 April 2017
*Pricing details will be revealed soon.
UPDATE: The Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ will open for pre-orders in Malaysia from 11 - 13 April 2017.
8. The difference between Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S8 (the specs:
Buro 24/7 Selection
Buro 24/7 Selection