Malaysia’s newly-minted Prime Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob has announced his Cabinet lineup today (August 27), a day after Yang di-Pertuan Agong Al-Sultan Abdullah Ri’ayatuddin Al-Mustafa Billah Shah granted him an audience at Istana Abdulaziz in Kuantan.
The Cabinet will continue to have four senior ministers, but no Deputy Prime Minister, according to The Star.
The four senior ministers from the previous administration were retained, namely International Trade and Industry Minister Datuk Seri Azmin Ali, Defence Minister Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Hussein, Works Minister Datuk Seri Fadilah Yusof, and Education Minister Datuk Seri Radzi Jidin.
Meanwhile, Khairy Jamaluddin, who is the coordinating minister of the National Covid-19 Immunisation Programme, has swapped portfolios with Datuk Seri Dr Adham Baba as the new Health Minister. Dr Adham takes over as Science, Technology and Innovation Minister.
Other key appointments include Tengku Datuk Seri Zafrul Abdul Aziz, who has been reappointed as Finance Minister.
“The government will ensure that the new Cabinet line-up is committed to realising the national agenda through inter-party cooperation to drive the nation’s economic recovery,” Ismail Sabri said in his announcement.
He added that the Cabinet’s main tasks is to tackle Covid-19 and to recover the economy, and all ministers must prove their performance within their first 100 days in office.
This announcement comes a week after Datuk Seri Ismail was installed as Malaysia’s ninth premier, following the collapse of the PN administration on August 16.
The new ministers will be sworn in next Monday. View the full list of ministers and their deputies below:
- Senior Minister (Defence): YB Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Tun HusseinDeputy: YB Datuk Seri Ikhmal Hisham bin Abdul Aziz
- Senior Minister (International Trade and Industry): YB Datuk Seri Mohamed Azmin AliDeputy: YB Datuk Lim Ban Hong
- Senior Minister (Education): YB Senator Datuk Dr. Mohd Radzi Md JidinDeputy I: YB Senator Dato’ Dr Mah Hang SoonDeputy II: YB Datuk Mohamad Alamin
- Senior Minister (Works): YB Datuk Seri Haji Fadillah YusofDeputy: YB Datuk Arthur Joseph Kurup
- Finance Minister: YB Tengku Datuk Seri Zafrul Tengku Abdul AzizDeputy I: YB Mohd Shahar AbdullahDeputy II: YB Tuan Haji Yamani Hafez Musa
- Health Minister: YB Tuan Khairy Jamaluddin bin Abu BakarDeputy I: YB Dato’ Dr Noor Azmi bin GhazaliDeputy II: YB Datuk Aaron Ago Dagang
- Transport Minister: YB Datuk Seri Ir. Dr. Wee Ka SiongDeputy: YB Dato’ Henry Sum Agong
- Science, Technology and Innovation Minister: YB Datuk Seri Dr Adham BabaDeputy: YB Datuk Haji Amzad bin Mohamed @ Hashim
- Environment Minister: YB Datuk Seri Tuan Ibrahim bin Tuan ManDeputy: YB Dato’ Dr Mansor bin Othman
- Human Resource Minister: YB Datuk Seri SaravananDeputy: YB Datuk Haji Awang bin Hashim
- Federal Territories Minister: YB Datuk Seri Shahidan bin KassimDeputy: YB Datuk Seri Jalaluddin bin Alias
- Women, Family and Community Development Minister: YB Datuk Seri Rina Binti HarunDeputy: YB Dato’ Hajah Siti Zailah binti Mohd Yusoff
- Higher Education Minister: YB Dato’ Dr Noraini binti AhmadDeputy: YB Senator Datuk Dr. Ahmad Masrizal bin Muhammad
- Energy and Natural Resources Minister: YB Datuk Seri Takiyuddin bin HassanDeputy: YB Datuk Ali Anak Biju
- Home Minister: YB Datuk Seri Hamzah Bin ZainuddinDeputy I: YB Datuk Seri Dr Haji Ismail bin Haji Mohamed SaidDeputy II: YB Jonathan Yassin
- Agriculture and Food Industries Minister: YB Datuk Seri Dr Ronald KiandeeDeputy I: YB Datuk Seri Hj Ahmad bin HamzahDeputy II: YB Dr. Nik Muhammad Zawawi bin Salleh
- Rural Development Minister: YB Datuk Seri Mahadzir Bin KhalidDeputy: YB Datuk Seri Abdul Rahman bin Mohamad
- Foreign Affairs Minister: YB Dato’ Saifuddin bin AbdullahDeputy: YB Haji Kamarudin bin Jaffar
- Domestic Trade and Consumer Affairs Minister: YB Datuk Alexander Nanta LinggiDeputy: YB Dato’ Rosol bin Wahid
- Communications and Multimedia: YB Tan Sri Datuk Seri Panglima Haji Annuar bin Haji MusaDeputy: YB Datuk Zahidi bin Zainul Abidin
- Housing and Local Government Minister: YB Datuk Seri Reezal Merican bin Naina MericanDeputy: YB Datuk Sri Ismail bin Abdul Mutalib
- Entrepreneur Development and Cooperatives Minister: YB Tan Sri Noh bin Haji OmarDeputy: YB Tuan Muslimin bin Yahaya
- Plantations and Commodities Minister: YB Datuk Dr Hajah Zuraidah binti KamaruddinDeputy I: YB Datuk Seri Wee Jeck SengDeputy II: YB Willie anak Mongin
- Tourism, Art, and Culture Minister: YB Datuk Seri Hajah Nancy binti ShukriDeputy: YB Datuk Seri Dr Santhara Kumar a/l Ramanaidu
- National Unity Minister: YB Datuk Halimah binti Mohamed SadiqueDeputy: YB Senator Tuan Wan Ahmad Fayshal bin Wan Ahmad Kamal
- Youth and Sports Minister: YB Datuk Seri Ahmad Faizal bin Datuk AzumuDeputy: YB Senator Datuk Seri Ti Lian Ker
- Ministers in the Prime Minister’s Department (Economy): YB Datuk Seri Mustapa bin MohamedDeputy: YB Eddin Syazlee bin Shith(Special Functions): YB Datuk Dr Hj Abdul Latiff bin AhmadDeputy: YB Datuk Mastura binti Tan Sri Dato’ Mohd Yazid(Law): YB Datuk Seri Dr Haji Wan Junaidi bin Tuanku JaafarDeputy: Datuk Wira Hajjah Mas Ermieyati binti Samsuddin(Religious Affairs): YB Senator Tuan Idris bin AhmadDeputy: YB Datuk Haji Ahmad Marzuk bin Shaary(Sabah & Sarawak Affairs): YB Datuk Seri Panglima Dr. Maximus Johnity OngkiliDeputy: YB Dato’ Hajah Hanifah Hajar Taib
For more lifestyle news, head over here.
|SHARE THE STORY|