7 Things you can do this weekend: 26 & 27 January 2019
No weekend plans yet? Well, here you go
1. Gong Xi Riuh at The Gasket Alley, 11am - 9pm, 26 & 27 Jan 2019
The CNY edition of Riuh is coming this weekend and its curation of vendors are really going to help you prep for the upcoming festive season.
Find out who will be there here.
2. Sizzling Lunar New Year at Man Tao Rooftop @ Hotel Stripes Kuala Lumpur, 12pm - 3pm, 27 Jan 2019
Happening only this Sunday (and Feb 3), it's a great opportunity to gather your favourite people and enjoy a barbecue featuring an array of meat combos, golden prosperity man tao and other joyful delights at the rooftop pool of Hotel Stripes Kuala Lumpur Lumpur.
RM108 nett per person - inclusive of free flow of beer, soft drink and juices
RM68 nett per person - inclusive of free flow of prosperity mocktails, soft drinks and juices
For more info, visit the Facebook page.
3. Picha Chinese New Year Open House at somewhere in Ampang (RSVP for the exact location), 12.30pm - 2.30pm, 27 Jan 2019
It's always a different affair when it comes to Picha events. This time, be among the first group of people to try their newly launched auspicious menu featuring Pomelo Yee Sang, Golden Fried Duck, Crispy Popcorn chicken and more from a Chinese-Syrian fusion buffet spread. You'll also get to know the chefs behind the food.
RM85 per person. For more info or to RSVP, head over here.
4. Pasar Seloka by Wondermilk at The Grounds @ Mahsa Avenue, 12pm - 9pm, 26 Jan 2019
Curated as a family-oriented lifestyle popup event, you'll find a marketplace selling everything from food to clothes to artsy items to things for the home; a well-scheduled list of workshops and a host of activities for all ages.
For more info, visit the website.
5. Dinner with Guest Chef Sergio Meza at The St. Regis Kuala Lumpur, 7.30pm - 10.30pm, 24 - 26 January 2019
As part of The St. Regis Kuala Lumpur's Guest Star Chef Series, Chef Sergio Meza of Villanos en Bermudas— #15 on Latin America's 50 Best Restaurants and one of the hottest restaurants in Colombia—is coming to KL to cook up an eclectic menu of flavours. Held in The Brasserie at the hotel, the 7-course menu will see highlights such as Shrimp with Vanilla, Macadamia and Pak Choy, Sole with Lettuce, Kale and Apple, Lamb with Beans, Avocado and Mustard and more.
The dinner will be priced at RM418+ per person or RM618+ per person with alcohol pairing. For more info or to make a reservation, call 03 2727 6666.
6. ICYMI: Bazaars, art and theatre happenings to check out in January 2019
This month's Buro Culture Guide here.
7. Gigs in January 2019
Full listing here.