7 Things you can do this weekend: 26–27 August 2017
Early Merdeka celebrations
1. Tropical Wanderlust: A Weekend Market at Battery Acid Club, 11am - 6pm, 26 August
Expect major jungle vibes at this themed market as the vendors will be bringing their best items with exotic prints and palm tree patterns - including real plants.
For more info, visit the event page.
2. Pound Community Class at Koa Fitness, 10.30am - 12pm, 26 August
For more info or to register, visit the event website.
3. Bodytone Merdeka Challenge at selected outlets, 12pm - 2pm, 26 August
Want to test the limits to your fitness level? Bodytone has come up with this challenge where participants have to complete five exercises on the Power Plate. Selected winners of this round will go on to the final challenge on Merdeka Day.
Admission is free. For more info or to register, visit the event website.
4. Grow, Cook & Eat Masterclass Workshop - Blue Pea Flower at Garden to Table, 2pm - 8pm, 26 August
Cy Phang, co-author of Grow, Cook & Eat, an incredible cook and proprietor of Garden to Table, is back with another hands-on workshop. The highlight: The gorgeous and iconic blue pea flower - also known as bunga telang in Malay - that's commonly used in nasi kerabu and pulut tai tai. Besides teaching how to grow the flowers, she will also be showing participants how to cook selected dishes based on the herb.
RM280 nett per person, inclusive of afternoon tea, beverages, dinner, a copy of Grow, Cook and Eat, some dried flowers and seeds and a pot of blue pea flower plant. For more info or to register, visit the event page.
5. Community yoga class with Sereni Linggi at The Square, Publika, 9am - 10am, 27 August
Did you know Sereni, co-founder of Sereni & Shentel, is also a certified Yoga Alliance 500 RYT traditional yoga instructor? Join the 60-minute yoga session then check out the Hello Yogini Collection where 20 percent of the sales proceeds will be donated to the Sarawak Children's Cancer Society. The BIG Group will also be having a pop up shop with mindful and calorie-friendly snacks for purchase.
6. The Big M Night Market at DR.inc, 3pm - 10pm, 27 August
Live music, delicious food and great company - only the best way to end a Sunday night. Don't forget to bring your picnic blanket!
7. Attend one of the 2017 SEA Games winter sports events at Malaysia National Ice Skating Stadium (MYNISS), Empire City, 26 - 27 August
It's the first time that winter sports have been added into the competition so why not, right? This weekend will see the start of the figure skating matches but even if you're not interested, Empire City will also be hosting an Arts & Culture Bazaar, pop-up stores and fun activations by Tourism Selangor, FINAS and Money Museum by BMM.
Admission is free. For more info or to find out the schedule, visit their Facebook.
Buro 24/7 Selection
Buro 24/7 Selection