7 Things you can do this weekend: 22 - 23 April 2017
Head out for inspiration
1. Vivian Lee Coffee Painting Exhibition at Grandezza Art Gallery, 10am - 6pm, till 1 May
She's the first coffee caricature artist in Malaysia who has won awards and international recognition for her work. Now, Vivian Lee is finally holding her first solo exhibition where you'll be able to have a closer look at her fine art works.
For more info, visit her Facebook page.
2. Mid Valley City Charity Run 2017 at Mid Valley City Ring Road, 6.15am - 9.00am (flag off at 7am), 23 April
Back for its fourth run, the charity run this year will be supporting the World Wide Fund Foundation for Nature (WWF) organisation with the theme, 'Save The Wild Life'.
Participation fee is RM53 (RM50 goes to charity while RM3 is for the online registration fee). For more info, visit the event page.
3. Lorna Jane Fit Night Out at Koa [email protected] Kiara, 6pm - 10pm, 22 April
This is your perfect chance to give Koa Fitness (watch our video review of the gym here) a try as they're teaming up with Lorna Jane to host a series of fun workouts to get your sweat on.
For more info, visit the website.
4. Product Hack workshop at Fab Space [email protected] the Japan Store, 11am - 7pm, 22 or 23 April
Learn the process of turning a stool into a lamp with techniques such as laser cutting and 3D modelling. Get creative and get your own unique lamp in return at the end of the class.
The workshop fee is RM184.50. For more info, visit the website.
5. Sunday Brunch Fiesta at [email protected] KL, 1pm - 3.30pm, 23 April
Can you say no to a boozy, bottomless Spanish-style brunch? We didn't think so.
The brunch is priced per pax at RM90 nett (with no alcohol), RM160 nett (includes four glasses of wine and food), and RM190 (for the Sparkling Brunch option). For more info, visit the event page.
6. Take the #ADayInHerLife challenge by BakedKL for a good cause
The cause: Disadvantaged women in Malaysia. The aim: To raise awareness. The challenge: Right here. There you'll even be able to read some of these women's stories and perhaps order a homemade treat where 10 per cent of the total sales made will be contributed to a charity organisation.
7. Pendidikan Seni - Blackmilkproject's soft launch party at Black Milk [email protected] Jaya, 10am - 7pm, 22 April
Remember the people we learnt Pyrography Art from? Well, they've opened a whole studio to call their own and they're throwing a party where everyone is invited for a full day of fun, creative workshops and mini meet-and-greet sessions with local artists who will demonstrate their way of art. There will also be lucky draw sessions and food!
The workshops will require a fee of RM90 while the meet-and-greet sessions have a registration fee of RM10 which will be converted into a cash voucher on the day. For more info, visit the website.