How to make a Steamed Japanese Sweet Potato & Pear Salad by Fittie Sense
Recently featured in our #BuroEats for May 2017, Fittie Sense is one of the latest additions to Bangsar's ever-growing food scene with a keen eye for reinventing the term 'healthy eating'. Hence we asked them to share with us one of their favourite and easy-to-make salads for our video series of the month (previous episodes are here and here). Their choice: Steamed Japanese Sweet Potato & Pear Salad with Pomegranate & Pecan.
Watch the video below on how to make it and scroll on for the full recipe.
1. Lay a bed of your favourite salad leaves on a plate. We used rocket, romaine lettuce and watercress. Baby spinach is a good alternative. There are no hard and fast rules to the quantities, just as much or as little as you want.
2. Compose the salad with the rest of the ingredients. Arrange half a green apple, sliced.
3. Scatter fresh coriander leaves, 7 should be enough.
4. Arrange 1 steamed Japanese sweet potato - peeled and sliced. Roasted pumpkin will also work well.
5. Scatter some pecans, about 7 pieces.
6. Then half a pear, cubed.
7. Finish with some mint leaves (optional) and pomegranate seeds; 2 tablespoons should be enough.
8. A pinch or two of black pepper if you like.
Apple Cider Vinegar Cinnamon Honey Dressing
Put all the dressing ingredients in a mixing bowl or jug:
- 5 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 150ml extra virgin olive oil
With a handheld blender, whisk or blend till combined, i.e. the dressing thickens into one consistency, and does not separate. Season with salt and pepper to taste.