This NYFW hair trend is what you need to keep hair away from the face and still look chic
Push it back
You aren't feeling a snazzy headband, nor doing away with your hair length because you're not ready for that kind of life-changing decision just yet. So what other looks can you pull off with second-day hair without letting it stray and frame your face? From what we've gleaned from the recent backstage beauty looks at New York Fashion Week SS19, there are two easy breezy hairdos (that come with plenty of volume and texture) you can try on your own without resorting to a limp ponytail.
At Brandon Maxwell, hairstylist James Pecis wanted the look to be voluminous and all-American in a very Texan way. "Think tailgates, coolers and Brooke Shields." Want that healthy, fresh look that is more occasion-worthy and less second-day? Here's how you can rock this look:
1. Stretch hair out by blow drying with the Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer Professional Edition. For curly hair, apply Oribe Leave-In Conditioner before blow drying and brush through.
2. Flat iron hair back in diagonal sections on the sides so that hair is flat and in the direction of a ponytail.
3. Create a low ponytail and rope into a braid bun.
4. Sew in a cork screw to give shape and let it sit. Then, let hair down to be blow dried again.
5. Apply Oribe Maximista Thickening Spray to the whole head and a second layer around the face.
6. Blow hair back and upwards for volume using a large round brush.
7. Pin up in six sections and let hair sit for a bit. Then release and spray Oribe Imperméable Anti-Humidity Spray to lock in the look.
If you're still loving the wet hair trend, why not update your go-to routine with Holli Smith's take on the 'out of the shower' style at Proenza Schouler. The great thing about this hairdo is that you can highlight your hair's natural texture without resulting in an overly greasy finish. Whoever says wet tresses can't be translated perfectly in real life—scroll down now to nail this look:
1. Apply Oribe Maximista Thickening Spray from roots to ends.
2. Brush hair up first and then down around ear with a large round brush to give direction and create a foundation of product within hair.
3. Gently spritz water and thickening spray to maintain the wet look.
4. Apply Oribe Gel Serum if your hair texture needs more hold.
5. Allow hair to dry for 10 minutes—apply makeup in the meantime.
6. Dry hair with the Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer Professional Edition—use the diffuser attachment on a low heat setting to bring out hair’s natural texture.