Burberry Liquid Lip Velvet: The perfect, creamy matte-finish lippie to have this month
If liquid lipsticks make the bulk of your vanity case, Burberry Beauty's newest release is one that you should add to your shopping list. Introducing Burberry Liquid Lip Velvet, a new liquid lipstick with a velvety, ultra-light finish that's richly pigmented and lasts up to eight hours. For those who steer clear from matte liquid lippies in fear of dry, cracked lips teemed with unsightly lines, this one's a keeper that's tailor made for you. Its non-drying formula moisturises the lips and doesn't bleed into your lips—one less makeup faux pas to fret over! Whether nude, red, or oxblood, pick a shade (or more) from 14 available colours that will flatter all skin tones.
Burberry Makeup Artistic Consultant Wendy Rowe shares a few tips on how to apply Burberry Liquid Lip Velvet for a flawless finish:
• The Liquid Lip Velvet doesn't need a lip liner before application, unless you're going for a more precise, statement lip.
• For a bold look, apply two coats to get an even colour. Wait 30 seconds between applying the second coat for it to dry quickly.
• If you have already applied lip balm on your lips, blot it off before applying Liquid Lip Velvet so that the lips are dry enough to let the product stay.
• A backstage beauty tip is to use a cotton bud to blend the lips' edges for a natural, soft finish.
• For a modern, ombre lip look, line the lips with Burberry Lip Definer then apply a matching shade of Liquid Lip Velvet over it. Then, apply a slightly lighter shade to the middle of the lips, then blend it outwards to the edges with a brush for a subtle effect.
Watch the Burberry Liquid Lip Velvet campaign, starring the new face of Burberry Beauty, Iris Law:
Burberry Liquid Lip Velvet (RM115) is available at all Burberry counters at Parkson Pavilion, Isetan KLCC, Sephora in KLCC and 1 Utama.