7 Things you can do this long weekend: 8 - 11 September 2018
Four glorious days
Another long weekend in KL, another list of things you can do to fill up your schedule
1. Namasdrake: Hip Hop Yoga at Kyo KL, 7.30pm - 9pm, 9 September
No need to worry about waking up for work this Sunday night so feel free to head to Kyo KL for a different kind of party: Yoga by guest instructor, Emily Torockio from Y7 Studio — LA & NYC's leading hip-hop yoga studio — and healthy drinks. Feel free to continue on to the after party from 9pm onwards.
RM99 per person, inclusive of a welcome drink from Rawsome and complimentary yoga class at The Flow. For more info, visit the website.
2. Tiffin Food Court: Week 2 Preview, 5pm till late, 6 - 10 September
Yes, it's back but before its official launch, you're more than welcome to a sneaky sneak preview.
3. Fire Turns Three at Firestation @ Plaza Batai, 7am - 1pm, 8 September
We still remember our first time at Firestation not long after they opened, and now they're celebrating their third anniversary. Thus, they're throwing a fitness party featuring workouts such as sunrise yoga, a 5km run, and their latest class called Elev8. Kind Kones and Merchant Sisters will be providing refreshments too.
4. House Of Vans Kuala Lumpur 2018 at 2 Hang Kasturi, 3pm - 10pm, 7 - 9 September
You don't really need to be a fan of Vans to check out this event. You just need to have an appreciation for art, music and street culture. There'll be art workshops, installations, music performances and more — all spread out through the 4-story building. That should keep you busy.
5. Stories from Malaysia PhotoStory Exhibition at Carcosa Seri Negara, 9am - 7pm, 8 & 9 September
Organised by the Humans of KL, this is your chance to see/read never-before-published photo stories of various Malaysians from different backgrounds and every one of them is an inspiration. There will also be workshops on photography and the art of storytelling.
Admission is free. For more info, visit the event page.
6. Check out this month's roundup of new cafes and restaurants
From Chef Darren Chin's new Parisian bistro to a hidden rooftop cafe, we dare you to complete this list before Wednesday comes around.
7. Use this long weekend to properly unwind at the spa