7 Things you can do this weekend: 17 - 18 June 2017
1. Madam Noor's Nyonya Laksa Cooking Class at Brickfields, 4.30pm - 8pm, 17 June
Who is Madam Noor? Only an experienced cook and former assistant of Chef Wan, and she will be teaching participants how to cook Nyonya Laksa based on one of Chef Wan's family recipe - all from scratch.
RM132 per person. For more info, visit the website.
2. Crafty Lab: Father's Day Special at Commune @ Sunway Velocity, 12pm - 10pm, 17 June
From weaving a macrame plant hanger with Pow Pow Jellyfish to making a terrarium with Wabiko, Crafty Lab is organising several workshops for a fun father-child bonding session.
For more info, visit the event page.
3. The Magic of No-Dig Gardening workshop at Eats, Shoots & Roots @ Bukit Gasing, 9am - 12.30pm, 17 June
Eats, Shoots & Roots has called in compost coach, Harbir Gill to give a practical and hands-on introduction to home gardening and soil nutrition for anyone who has grown an interest in it.
RM185 per person, inclusive of materials, potting mix, seeds and refreshments. For more info, visit the event page.
4. Magnum presents Chef Wan's 4-Course Festive Special at Magnum Mid Valley and Magnum Putrajaya, till 24 June
One of Malaysia's most popular chefs have teamed up with one of everyone's favourite ice cream brand to whip up a delightful 4-course meal for the season of Ramadhan.
RM59 per person. For more info, visit their Facebook or call 03 4065 0830 / 03 4065 0829.
5. Happy Ocean Movie Night at Sunway GEO Avenue (opposite Sunway Medical Centre) , 6pm - 10.30pm, 17 June
In conjunction with their Sustainable Seafood Festival and World Ocean Month, WWF Malaysia has organised this family-friendly event with activities that include screenings of a movie and a documentary, foodtrucks to try, free sustainable seafood tasting and more. Be sure to bring your own picnic mats as well as check out the booths to learn what exactly is sustainable seafood.
Admission is free. For more info, visit their Facebook.
6. Urban Gardening workshop at The Hive Bulk Foods @ Bangsar, 10am - 12pm, 22 June
Learn how to easily plant, grow and care for your own edible garden of herbs and vegetables in both containers and garden beds.
RM90 per person. For more info, visit the website.
7. Try out one of these 6 Ramadan feasts
Get all the info here.