7 Things you can do this Merdeka weekend: 1 & 2 September 2018
Three-day weekend at last
1. Photo Exhibition: Batik Series by Daniel Adams at Kyo, 9pm - 11pm, 31 August
A conceptual and portrait photographer, Daniel Adams's work has been featured in The Guardian, Buzzfeed and more; and now, he has selected 16 images, showcasing the diversity of Malaysia through women, for this exhibition. All 16 of these images will be available for purchase.
RM50 per person, inclusive of one drink. For more info, visit the event page.
2. Harith Iskander's 'Wish I Was There' at The Joke Factory, 8.30pm - 11.30pm, 1 September
Learn a bit more of Malaysia's history with comedian Harith Iskander except not everything he says, though amusing, might be historically accurate. You've been warned.
RM100 per person. For more info, visit the website.
3. Proud To Be Malaysian at Sunway Lagoon, 10am - 6pm, every Fri - Sun (till 16 September)
When was the last time you visited Sunway Lagoon? Whatever your answer may be, now will be a good time to go as they've arranged a wide variety of local food, activities and performances in conjunction with Merdeka Day and Malaysia Day.
For more info, visit the website.
4. Beeswax Wraps Workshop at The Hive, 10am - 12pm, 1 September
Aspiring eco-warriors can take it a step further by learning how to make their own beeswax wrap as an alternative to the not-so-eco-friendly plastic wrap.
RM90 per person. For more info, visit their website.
5. Shucked Oyster Festival at Southern Rock Seafood, 12pm - 8pm, 2 September
It's back and as usual, expect a fine selection of oysters - some expertly paired with either wine or Guinness — and find out who makes it out of the finals of the Malaysian Oyster Shucking Championships.
For more info, visit the event page.
6. Learn how to make Ayam Goreng Berempah Buttermilk
Full finger-lickin' recipe here.
7. Go on a road trip
And check in to one of these gorgeous forest getaways in Malaysia.
Buro 24/7 Selection
Leave a comment
Buro 24/7 Selection