7 Things you can do in KL this weekend: 16 & 17 March 2019
Boba par-tea, anyone?
1. Tealive Breakthrough Moments at Centre Court @ Mid Valley, 10am - 10pm, 14 - 17 March
It's a huge boba par-tea! From the Instagram-worthy set-up (floating pearls hanging from the ceiling) to limited edition Tealive drinks to a host of games and photo opportunities, be prepared for quite the crowd.
2. Celebrate St. Patrick's Day with Guinness at The Gasket Alley @ PJ
16 March - 2pm onwards
17 March - 12pm onwards
Take part in the world-famous Irish festival as the party will be bringing you live music, stand-up comedy, games and activities (which comes with amazing prizes), and of course, delicious food to be paired perfectly with cold, creamy Guinness beer. Think Guinness-infused roast, oysters, bacon tacos and even Guinness-infused popcorn and ice cream.
Even better, sign up in advance to get a fresh glass of Guinness beer at the festival. Head over to this website for more details (or to sign up).
3. All-you-can-eat Australian Beef Shabu-Shabu at Ebisu @ Pavilion Hotel KL, dinner on weekends only till 17 April
After a long day of walking around Pavilion KL, why not indulge in this hot pot special at the Japanese restaurant in its adjacent hotel? Imagine the hot broth, sweet with flavours, and dipping your favourite vegetables and that oh-so-thinly sliced premium Australian beef into it—what better way to enjoy the weekend, right?
RM88 nett per person. For reservations, contact Ebisu at 03 2117 2823 or email to [email protected].
4. Tribe Turns One at Tribe Boxing Studio @ Arcoris Mont Kiara, 10am - 6pm, 16 March
One of KL's hottest boxing studios is celebrating its first anniversary and to celebrate, Tribe is hosting quite the fitness party. In addition to special classes (for a fee), there'll also be food trucks, lifestyle brands with goodies to shop for, boxing performances and a sweet discount on selected class packages and merchandise.
Entry is free but a class is priced at RM80 (includes a goodie bag worth RM150 and a chance to win the lucky draw). For more info, visit the event page.
5. Sunday Market at The Linc KL: Shop With PurpoSE, 11am - 6pm, 17 March
We've mentioned it before but really, if you haven't checked out new "lifestyle hub" The Linc KL, it's really worth a visit over the weekend. The entire space is gorgeous and at its centre is an old tree which they've preserved. There are several cafes and restaurants there and every Sunday, there's a market. This month's market sees a collaboration with PurpoSE Malaysia, an organisation that supports local social entrepreneurs.
For more info, visit the event page.
6. Hoxai Kitchen presents Vegesushi at Ukafe @ Isetan The Japan Store, 16 & 17 March
Session A: 11.30am - 1.30pm
Session B: 3.30pm - 5.30pm
There's a new vegan sushi trend that's slowly making its rounds. Made with in-season vegetables, heirloom rice and brown rice, here is your chance to discover more about vegesushi and have a taste of it. Not only do they look colourful on the plate, but they're also full of nutrients and delicate flavours.
RM150 per person. For more info or to register, visit the event page.
7. Celebrate French gastronomy with this year's Gout de France, 21 - 24 March
Gout de France, or Good France, is back for its 5th year. If you haven't heard of it, Good France is the brainchild of the French Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs and Chef Alain Ducasse. It was Inspired by Auguste Escoffier, who launched the "Diners d'Epicure" (Epicurean Dinners) initiative in 1912 where selected restaurants would offer the same menu, on the same day, in several cities around the world.
The concept for Gout de France is similar and 2019 sees over 5,000 chefs participating across five continents over four days. In Malaysia alone, it sees 20 restaurants each offering their own special "Good France" menus. List of participating restaurants below:
- Entier, Kuala Lumpur
- L'Orangerie, Kuala Lumpur
- Chez Gaston by Rendez-vous, Kuala Lumpur
- The Brasserie, The St. Regis Kuala Lumpur
- Champignons, Ara Damansara
- Delia Wines, Kuala Lumpur
- Secret Restaurant by Cuisine Boleh, Kuala Lumpur
- Nathalie Gourmet Studio, Kuala Lumpur
- Nizza, Bukit Damansara
- Cilantro Restaurant & Wine Bar, Kuala Lumpur
- Yeast Bistronomy, Kuala Lumpur
- 2 Ox French Bistro, Kuala Lumpur
- Cocott' Kuala Lumpur
- Espace Andre Cointreau at Le Cordon Bleu Malaysia, Subang Jaya
- Soleil, Kuala Lumpur
- French Feast, Kuala Lumpur
- DC Restaurant, Kuala Lumpur
- Garvy's in the Park, Ipoh
- Arte Restaurant, Penang Restaurant
- Au Jardin, Penang
For more info on what each of these restaurants has to offer, visit the website.