Announced: Asia’s 50 Best Bars 2022 (including KL’s Bar Trigona and Junglebird)
Following the announcement of the extended 51-100 List last week, the official lineup of Asia’s 50 Best Bars 2022 have been announced at Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok last night. It was the first live ceremony for the awards since the 2019 edition in Singapore, bringing together mixologists, bar industry ambassadors, and cocktail enthusiasts from around the continent.
This year’s list featured 16 cities in Asia, with Hong Kong’s Coa taking the crown as The Best Bar in Asia for the second consecutive year. Singapore had the highest number of entries on the list with 11 bars making the cut, including Jigger & Pony, which earned the title of The Best Bar in Singapore at the No. 2 spot.
Meanwhile, two KL bars have successfully retained their places in the top 50, namely Bar Trigona at No. 29 and Junglebird at No. 35. This marks the third year in a row that Bar Trigona has been named The Best Bar in Malaysia.
Other special awards include Hong Kong’s Honky Tonks Tavern winning the Campari One To Watch Award; Taipei’s Bar Mood being named the Ketel One Sustainable Bar; MO Bar, Singapore earning the Nikka Highest Climber Award; and Bar Trigona winning the inaugural Siete Misterios Best Cocktail Menu Award. Colin Chia of Singapore took home the Roku Industry Icon Award, whilst Keith Mossi of Seoul’s Charles H bar is the winner of the Altos Bartenders’ Bartender Award.
The seventh edition of the list was created by an academy of over 220 leaders in the region, consisting of drink writers, educators, journalists, bartenders, bar owners, and regional cocktail aficionados.
According to Mark Sansom, director of content for Asia’s 50 Best Bars, this year’s ranking took into account the recent and ongoing pandemic restrictions. “The 2022 list is created from bar experiences across the voting period between June 2020 and January 2022 inclusive, even if those bars that the voters have experienced are all located in their home city and country,” he said.
Without further ado, discover the full list of winners below.
Asia’s 50 Best Bars 2022
1. Coa, Hong Kong (The Best Bar in Hong Kong)
2. Jigger & Pony, Singapore (The Best Bar in Singapore)
3. Argo, Hong Kong (Disaronno Highest New Entry)*
4. Tesouro, Colva, India (London Essence Best New Opening and Best Bar in India)*
5. Bar Benfiddich, Tokyo, Japan (Rémy Martin Legend of the List and The Best Bar in Japan)
6. Indulge Experimental Bistro, Taipei, Taiwan (The Best Bar in Taiwan)
7. Charles H, Seoul, Korea(The Best Bar in Korea)
8. MO Bar, Singapore (Nikka Highest Climber Award)
9. Manhattan, Singapore
10. BKK Social Club, Bangkok, Thailand (Michter’s Art of Hospitality Award and Best Bar in Thailand)*
11. Sober Company, Shanghai, China (The Best Bar in Mainland China)
12. Republic, Singapore*
13. Darkside, Hong Kong
14. Sidecar, New Delhi, India
15. No Sleep Club, Singapore
16. Quinary, Hong Kong
17. Tropic City, Bangkok, Thailand
18. Hope & Sesame, Guangzhou, China
19. Vesper, Bangkok, Thailand
20. Lamp Bar, Nara, Japan*
21. The SG Club, Tokyo, Japan
22. Penicillin, Hong Kong
23. Atlas, Singapore
24. Aha Saloon, Taipei, Taiwan
25. Bar Trench, Tokyo, Japan
26. Hoots’ New Delhi, India*
27. Tippling Club, Singapore
28. Bar Cham, Seoul, Korea
29. Bar Trigona, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (Siete Misterios Best Cocktail Menu and Best Bar in Malaysia)
30. Home, New Delhi, India
31. Sago House, Singapore
32. The Cocktail Club, Jakarta, Indonesia (Best Bar in Indonesia)
33. The Pontiac, Hong Kong
34. The Wise King, Hong Kong
35. Junglebird, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
36. Nutmeg & Clove, Singapore
37. Analog, Singapore*
38. The Aubrey, Hong Kong*
39. Le Chamber, Seoul, Korea
40. Alice, Seoul, Korea
41. Memento Mori, Tokyo, Japan*
42. Smoke & Bitters, Hiriketiya, Sri Lanka (Best Bar in Sri Lanka)*
43. Asia Today, Bangkok, Thailand*
44. Copitas, Bengaluru, India*
45. Union Trading Company, Shanghai, China
46. Bamboo Bar, Bangkok, Thailand
47. Bees Knees, Kyoto, Japan
48. Zest, Seoul, Korea*
49. 28 Hong Kong Street, Singapore
50. Speak Low, Shanghai, China
*represents new entries
Watch the list recap in the video below.
Find more food and drink stories here.
|SHARE THE STORY|