How to make Corn Tortellini the way The St. Regis Kuala Lumpur makes it
Up for a cooking challenge?
Running out of ideas on what to cook at home during the MCO? In a continuing bid to support local (because #BUROSupportsLocal), we'll be sharing delicious recipes by Malaysian hotels. Can't go out to eat? Have a taste of it at home, made by you.
Corn Tortellini, Basil Sauce, Torched Corn and Cherry Tomatoes by The Brasserie, The St. Regis Kuala Lumpur
A recipe by Exec. Chef Clement Torrente
For the corn purée
- 2kg fresh corn
- 50g sliced shallots
- 2g Thai chilli
- 20g thyme
- 35g salt
- 1L water
- Soak the fresh corn, chilli, shallots and salt in a round pot and cook until dry
- Mix everything in a food processor until smooth and season to taste
- Place a cling film to cover and set aside in the fridge.
For the rich dough
- 150g flour type 00
- 150g semolina flour
- 2 eggs
- 4 egg yolks
- Mix all the ingredients to get homogeneous dough. The kneaded dough shouldn’t feel too dry or too hard, but rather soft and it should leave a humid sensation in your hands
- Make your dough the night before and store in the fridge. After resting, knead the dough for at least 10 minutes
- Pass the dough through a pasta machine and use semolina flour for dusting before leaving to dry
For the Beurre Monté
- 0.3L water
- 80g butter
- 4g salt
1. Heat the water with the salt then turn into butter using the BAMIX and set aside on to keep for the service.
For the Basil Purée
- 300g basil
- 360g olive oil
- Blanch the fresh basil in boiling salt water for 2 minutes. Cool down in an ice bath
- Gently press the basil to remove excess water and blend in a food processor with olive oil until very smooth
- Strain into a fine strainer to separate the oil and the purée.
- Keep the purée in sous-vide and cover with foil.
For the Tomato Salad and Corn
- 100g cherry tomatoes
- 50g shallot
- 100g corn
- 2g salt
- 2g olive oil
- Steam the corn until cooked and cool down in an ice bath and slice without separating the corn
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and thinly slice the shallots
- Lightly torch the corn and season with oil and salt to taste. Season the tomatoes and the shallots with oil and salt.
Also, why not keep up with The St. Regis Kuala Lumpur on their Instagram?