10 Summer denim pieces to own this season
Without breaking into a sweat
Given the sweltering heat this season, it's a no-brainer to keep your skinny jeans in the deep depths of your closet to make space for shorts and snazzy sundresses. If you thought denim wasn't made for summer, we'll give you a reason to think twice with today's shopping guide. Broaden your (style) horizons with denim pieces that spell stylish instead of sweat-inducing—because we all know how unbearable the humid climate can get.
For starters, go for a white pair of ripped skinnies instead of your usual darker washed ones. If you prefer a breezier silhouette, skirts and dresses in denim are a surefire way of keeping your cool (literally)—we like Balenciaga's cutout denim dress and Sacai's pleated panel wrap skirt that toe the line between avant-garde and functional. Don't forget to accessorise your ensemble in the same vein. Denim mules with a touch of metallic detailing by Jimmy Choo is an obvious way to show your love without going OTT, while floral embroidered bags and quilted backpacks will spruce up any summer #ootd with effortless ease.
Shop our editor's picks below:
1. Tegel oversized Japanese-denim jumpsuit by Acne Studios
2. Chambray Rope striped triangle bikini top and bottom by Vix
3. Cut-out back-hem denim dress by Balenciaga
4. Scalloped embroidered denim shorts by Chloé
5. Micro Viv' embroidered denim shoulder bag by Roger Vivier
6. Flower strappy denim dress by Fendi
7. Ripped skinny jeans by Off-White
8. Denim pleated panel wrap skirt by Sacai
9. Giuliette quilted denim backpack by Salvatore Ferragamo
10. Myla 35 denim metallic mules by Jimmy Choo