1. KLFW returns to the heart of the city in Pavilion KL for its seventh year and will take place on 21 – 25 August, showcasing more than 80 local designers.
2. A steady platform for emerging designers, KLFW 2019 will be introducing 12 uprising homegrown brands who will be making their KLFW runway debut. Local favourite Pestle & Mortar will be in the mix along with Behati and Borneo-born label, Wynka.
READ MORE: 24 Minutes with May Tan of Maarimaia on her KLFW debut
3. Sustainability is a key theme this year. KLFW speaks up by forming Design to Sustain, an initiative to express its support towards sustainable and ethical fashion, aligning themselves with the Commonwealth Fashion Council and United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals.
4. To kickstart this goal, KLFW invited 13 young designers from the past winners and finalists of Air Asia Runway Ready Search for an innovative design challenge. The goal: To create brand-new designs out of preloved clothes, which will be showcased during KLFW.
5. Biji biji’s fashion line who is known for their upcycling initiatives using deadstock material will be collaborating with Malaysian designer Tsyahmi for an exciting capsule collection. Expect to see Biji Biji’s classic materials like discarded seatbelts reimagined to fit Tsyahmi’s silhouettes.
6. KLFW will be organising a designers market at Fahrenheit88 from 16 – 25 August, which will showcase more than 30 homegrown brands and include workshops like fashion styling, product customisation and even a fashion auction from Malaysia’s top influencers.
|SHARE THE STORY|