Everything you need to know about the first Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in Kuala Lumpur
In full speed
From the eye-catching designs to modern innovations, the intertwining world of automotive and fashion goes way back. Having been the headline sponsor of the fashion weeks in New York, Berlin and Beijing, and as a partner for the event in London, Paris and Milan, Mercedes-Benz’ commitment towards fashion spans over 20 years globally. And now, for the first time ever, Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week will officially launch in Malaysia (and Southeast Asia), where cars and fashion collide—in the best way possible. Held from May 10th to 13th, the line-up includes some of the biggest names from the local, regional and international fashion industry. Here is everything you need to know ahead of the four-day event:
1. The Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week will be held from the 10th to 13th of May 2018 at the Chin Woo Stadium.
2. Spanning over four days, each day will cater to different themes and cars—its ConnectionAsia Showcase will be linked to its Limousines; International Trends Showcase with its SUVs, Dream Cars for its Mercedes-Benz Gala Night; and Cutting-Edge Malaysian Labels with its Compact Cars.
3. International names include Welsh fashion designer Julien Macdonald, London-based fashion brand AHNDE, Italian menswear label Boggi Milano and more.
4. Renowned designers from our neighbouring countries such as Francis Libiran from the Philippines, Sebastian Gunawan from Indonesia and Thomas Wee from Singapore will also be presenting their collections.
5. Malaysian designers who will be showing are Celest Thoi, Duchess & Co, CMDI and more.
6. Aside from the fashion shows, Mercedes-Benz will also be organising a Fashion Futures Design Competition to support up-and-coming talents, which will be a yearly component of the event from now on. Five finalists are required to produce four original sets of ready-to-wear looks which will be judged at the runway.
Stay tuned for more updates.
|SHARE THE STORY