Selena Gomez gets her swag on for Coach's Fall 2017 campaign
Coach's latest ambassador Selena Gomez is the new star of the brand's fall 2017 ad campaign, portraying as the all-American heroine who's about to hit the road on a cross-country trip. Lounging upon the blush-hued leather seats of a '76 Plymouth Fury, the actress and singer is spotted wearing the latest threads, including a cropped shearling jacket and embroidered dress. Alongside that, three short films will be released in tribute to key bags of the season, the Rogue, Coach Swagger, and the Edie.
Check out what the most followed person on Instagram has to say about her recent partnership with Coach:
1. When did you first become aware of Coach?
Coach was actually one of my first designer purchases. Where I’m from in Texas, Coach was the must-have brand. I remember saving up with my cousin, Priscilla, to get matching wallets.
2. What was your favorite part of shooting the campaign? Do you have any fun memories from set?
Seeing Creative Director Stuart Vevers’ vision for the season come full circle was very special. When I attended the show during NYFW to actually shooting the campaign overlooking NYC it was all pretty surreal.
3. What was the dynamic on the set of your Coach campaign photo shoot? How was it working alongside industry pros like Steven Meisel?
Steven Meisel is a legend so it was an honor to work with him for the first time. I’d say the vibe was very laid back.
4. What type of music do you like to listen to onset?
I listen to everything so the music was definitely all over the place. Pop, jazz, hip hop, classic rock. I think we played everything.
5. What do you love about being a Coach girl?
Coach made me feel like family from day one. Having the opportunity to grow creatively by working on a design collaboration and reaching so many girls through the Coach Foundation is important to me and I love that Coach is supportive.
6. Selena and Coach share many common values. Were these shared beliefs and goals—notably, the importance of giving back, and the desire to help mentor and empower young women—key to building a partnership?
That is what instantly drew me to working with Coach after we had our initial meeting. Earlier this year we spent the day visiting schools with the Step Up organization which Victor works very closely with. Days like that is why I love my job.
7. What pieces from the Pre-Fall and/or Fall collection are you excited to incorporate into your personal style?
My favorite Fall piece is a cropped shearling jacket, with embroidery, that will look cute dressed down, with a pair of vintage jeans. The embroidered dress I am wearing in the Swagger campaign image is so fun too. I love the bow detailing!
8. How do you describe your style? What is your daily uniform?
My style has definitely evolved over the years but remaining classic at the same time. As far as my daily look it depends on my mood that day. I love a great pair of jeans and boots or sometimes I want to have a bit more fun with my look.
Check out the latest Coach Swagger this season: