Buro 24/7 Exclusive: Jessica Jung on her style evolution and favourite trends
Jessica Jung (former Girls' Generation member as most of you will know) is one talented artiste who wears many hats. Apart from designing for her clothing label Blanc & Eclare, she embarked on her solo music career shortly after her exit from the girl band and has also dabbled in acting. We had a chat with the American singer and entrepreneur during her trip down to Kuala Lumpur for the opening of Coach's new flagship store in Pavilion. Scroll down to find out what she is most excited for this year:
1. What's your first memory of Coach?
I first knew about Coach when I was in middle school/high school. Coach was not available in South Korea at that time so I bought them in the US. I felt so cool at school though, wearing something that is so exclusive at that time.
2. What are your favourites from Coach's latest collection?
All the flowy, floral printed dresses. I especially like the Coach Bib Tiered Dress.
3. What is the best style advice you've received and would love to share?
Embrace yourself. Be confident. And don't forget to have fun.
4. A current fashion trend that you are obsessing over?
5. A fashion trend you absolutely wouldn't be caught dead in?
I'm open to trying everything. That's the only way you learn about fashion.
6. What is your go-to Coach piece you'd recommend to keep as a classic?
I love the Coach Moto Leather Jacket. It's a classic item I can wear forever.
7. What are you working on next that you're really excited about?
Blanc & Eclare's new collection. It has feminine silhouettes and adorable details, but I want to keep it classic as well. I also have a new skincare line on the way that I'm super excited about. And of course I am still writing songs for my next album—it's always fun to write about new things.
8. What do you think is one significant difference between Asian and Western fashion trends?
Honestly these days, I don't think there is a significant difference between both. People express themselves in their own personal way be it with music or fashion, and more.
9. How do you think your style has evolved since you started out in the industry?
I think by appearing in front of cameras all the time, I think I've learned what looks best on me. I learned not to try so hard as well.
10. What is the one outerwear piece you always bring along while you're traveling for easy, day-to-night wear?
You can't go wrong with a classic black blazer.
Buro 24/7 Selection
Buro 24/7 Selection