The Marc Jacobs Resort 2017 collection is our idea of paradise
If there is anything more exciting than the recent opening of the Marc Jacobs store at KLCC, it is the brand's Resort 2017 collection that greets us at the boutique. Described as the "fictitious idea of paradise" in the collection notes, we cannot help but to share the same sentiments. With paradise-themed details such as rainbows, flamingos, stars and palm trees seen throughout the lineup, one would just want to be whisked away to a tropical getaway, stat.
However, the 'Paradise' collection is anything but beachy-boho. In fact, Marc Jacobs was inspired by MTV and takes on '80s kitsch. Bright neon colours, graphic animal prints and military influences create the cornerstone of the Resort collection. Taking the muted colour accents from its Fall collection, the black and white colour palette is now amped up with fluorescent pinks and blues. Additionally, a playful take on volume continues from the previous collection, now seen in ruffled sleeves on prairie dress and oversized shoulders of fur coats.
Of course, the flamboyant '80s would not be complete without bold animal prints—they are patched together with geometric strips and checks. Two classic Marc Jacobs elements, heavy embellishment and embroidery are featured on acid washed denim jackets, leather coats and iconic sweatshirts featuring a sequin MTV logo—one that may look like it might have been on the TV stations three decades ago. The accessories off the collection make as much statement as the garments, if not more. From ornate platform shoes to thigh-high boots in python and printed patchwork shoulder bags with metal hardward chains, these head-turning pieces provide the perfect finish to the Resort 2017 collection.
To sum up the collection, it simply spells a like a party for the It-crowd. Well, we certainly aren't missing this party and we want you to join us. Here is a chance to win yourself (and a friend!) exclusive passes to celebrate the Marc Jacobs Resort 2017 collection happening on Wednesday, 18th January at the Marc Jacobs store, KLCC. Take a closer look at the collection, enjoy drinks and hors d'œuvre, and party with some of Buro's famous friends. To join the Marc Jacobs giveaway, all you have to do is enter your details below:
Giveaway terms and conditions:
- This giveaway ends at 11:59pm, GMT+8, 16 January 2017. The winner(s) will be announced on 17 January 2017.
- The winner(s) of this giveaway will be notified via email.
- All information must be entered to qualify for this giveaway.
- Inability to contact the winner(s) within one day of notification will result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner(s).
- Prizes not claimed within three days of notification email will result in forfeiture.
- This giveaway is only open to residents in the Klang Valley.
- Buro 24/7 Malaysia will not entertain any complaints on the quality and quantity of the prizes after the prize is in the possession of the winners.
- Buro 24/7 Malaysia shall not be liable for any loss, including but not limited to direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence) in connection with participation in this competition or accepting or utilising a prize.