Get the look: Soft, smoky eyes for all skin tones at Tom Ford AW19
Smoke and mirrors
The smoky eye isn't a novelty—while not the easiest to master, it works wonders in elevating your entire look, depending on the colour palette you're opting for. Just recently during New York Fashion Week Autumn/Winter 2019, Tom Ford gave us a 3D-esque, smoky eye so covetable that it's already on our list of favourite runway beauty moments this season.
The plus point about this look is how flattering it is for all skin tones—mixed shadows in tones of grey, bronze and mauve allow the peepers to stand out effortlessly. To complement the smoked out eyes, the skin is kept illuminated and flawless, with a subtle flush over the lips and cheeks for a modern-day look.
How to rock this new smoky eye:
1. Use the Traceless Stick Foundation to even out the skin tone. Shade and illuminate features by drawing light onto the skin—use the light shade to brighten and lift, and the darker shade to define and contour the natural bone structure.
2. Groom brows with the Brow Sculptor in 04 Espresso. Shape a natural square at the beginning of the brows, then brush up and lengthen the brow at the end with natural strokes.
3. Line the upper and lower lash line and in the crease with Eye Kohl Intense in 01 Espresso. Blend gently to emphasise the outer corners of the eyes. Then, use a liquid liner to line the upper and lower lash lines, drawing a small flick at the ends.
5. For fairer skin tones, use the deep grey shade from the Eye Colour Quad in 03 Nude Dip on the crease and lower lash line, followed by the pale pink shade on the eyelid. Blend the ivory shade on the brow bone and tear duct to highlight the eyes.
6. For darker skin tones, use the deep grey shade from the Eye Colour Quad in 03 Nude Dip on the crease and lower lash line, followed by the bronze shade on the eyelid. Blend the deepest shade from the Eye Colour Quad in 13 Orchid Haze on the brow bone and tear duct.
7. Give the eyes a sultry look with layers of mascara on the upper and lower lashes.
LIPS AND CHEEKS
8. Complete your look with a flush of colour on the lips and cheeks. Coat lips with a barely-there nude shade (Lip Lacquer Luxe - Matte in 01 Darling), and brush Cheek Colour in 06 Inhibition upwards along the cheekbones.
Tip: Maintain the flawless complexion on-the-go with the Satin-Matte Cushion Compact.
Buro 24/7 Selection
Leave a comment
Buro 24/7 Selection