Late for work? These five-minute makeup tips will get you ready in a flash
For some of us, waking up for work in the wee hours of the morning and braving through the traffic isn't our favourite idea of starting our day. It's only been 10 days into 2019 and we're getting a load of the post-holiday feels already. If you (like the rest of us) are still trying to find a morning routine that works without shaving excessive time off your already-limited time frame, here are five ways to get you out of the house, stat:
1. A subtle winged eye is your lifesaver at times like these, because #letsbereal—who has time for a daytime smoky eye look this early in the AM? Go with an eyeliner that doesn't give you a headache or a wrist cramp by the time you're done with your look. If you're worried about your skills, try Benefit Cosmetics Roller Liner Liquid Eyeliner that offers a matte, precise finish with its long-wearing formula.
2. Perk your complexion up with a concealer that can hide anything from undereye circles to red splotches. A swipe of concealer works wonders and doesn't require the same amount of time as foundation—think about the blending and we've already wasted a minute there. Use something like Fenty Beauty's Pro Filt'R Instant Retouch Concealer, a creamy creaseproof formula with a soft matte finish. The best part? It's available in 50 shades so that you don't have to mix and match just to get your exact shade.
3. The adage "never leave home without a lipstick" is especially useful for days when you're not feeling like a full-face makeup look. One swipe of a head-turning lippie and you're good to go—whether it's for work or to transition from the boardroom to the bar. Score the brand new Marc Jacobs Beauty Le Marc Lip Frost Lipstick for that high-impact metallic shine. Instead of a sheer or glittery finish, the result is gilded with an impressive colour payoff. Plus, it smells good enough to eat and hydrates your lips adequately.
4. If a winged liner reads as way too much in your books, just coat a layer of mascara on your lashes after giving it a quick curl with your curler. This 1-minute trick instantly widens your eyes without the need to layer on makeup. Our pick this month is Innisfree Skinny Microcara Zero, a sebum- and water-resistant mascara that can last all day without resulting in smudged, panda eyes.
5. Lastly, add a dose of colour to your cheeks for that subtle glow. Pale isn't anyone's favourite look, so bring a wash of rosiness to your complexion with Guerlain Rose Aux Joues Corail Doux, a blush and highlighter duo that comes with a powder puff for easy application in just one stroke. Blend it from the apples of your cheeks out towards the corners of your cheeks—draping done easy.