7 Things you can do in KL this weekend: 23 & 24 February 2019
1. A Shucking Good Time at The Other Half @ TTDI, 6pm - 8pm, 23 February 2019
Enjoy a free flow of the freshest air-flown oysters from the U.S paired with delicious wine for a whole two hours.
RM138 per person. Tickets for the event can be purchased at the website.
2. Plant Swap & Meet at Ohsum Mossum Terrariums @ Sunwaymas, 3pm - 6pm, 23 February 2019
Whether you've recently discovered a newfound love for plants or you have seasoned green thumbs, this meet-up will let you swap your plants, give some away or adopt new 'babies' for your home. While you're there, learn more about taking care of various types of plants through the sharing sessions.
Admission is free. For more info, visit the event page.
3. Sunset Chill Flow + Live Music at The Flow @ Bangsar, 5.30pm - 6.45pm, 24 February 2019
The Flow studio's signature "Chill Flow" is taken to a whole new level. Resident yoga instructor Claudia Gallo will be leading her usual session with the exception that it will be accompanied by meditative acoustic music performed live by the inspiring multifaceted, wellness guru Hannah Lo and the talented singer/songwriter—and one of Malaysia's best guitarists—Ray Cheong.
The class is suitable even for complete beginners. RM140 per person. Tickets can be purchased via their website.
4. The Astor Brunch at The Astor Bar @ The St. Regis Kuala Lumpur, 12pm - 3.30pm, 24 February 2019
The Astor Bar is known for many things. Among them: The drinks and being one of the filming locations for Crazy Rich Asians. It's adding another highlight to its reputation and that is its adult-only brunch featuring a curated 5-course a la carte menu with free-flowing alcohol and an ambience unlike any.
RM448+ per person, inclusive of free-flowing red and white wine, cocktails and spirits. Call 03 2727 6690 or email email@example.com to make a reservation.
5. Euro Fun Park at Taman Sri Gombak, till 3 March 2019
Do you remember going to an outdoor funfair as a child? Well, that's Euro Fun Park and they claim to be Malaysia's largest travelling funfair, complete with games, rides (both the mellow kind and the exhilarating type) and more. For old times' sake, why not pop by and relive your childhood?
Admission fee starts at RM4 for adults and RM2 for children. For more info, visit their Facebook.
6. Brazilian Tenderloin at Chambers Grill @ Hilton Kuala Lumpur, the whole month of February 2019
First, a quick background on Chambers Grill. Here is where they offer a menu of prime aged meats cuts or fresh seafood cooked over lava stone, charcoal or a 'robatayaki' style grill. That alone is enough to make us salivate. For this month only, they're including the oh-so-tender Brazilian Tenderloin that will be paired with Rioja wine from Spain. Choose from:
- 200g Brazilian Tenderloin prepared with chimichurri, confit garlic, RM200
- 450g Brazilian Chateaubriand prepped with chimichurri, roasted vegetables & rosemary potatoes, RM498 (sharing for 2 pax)
- Tenderloin Comparison—100g Brazilian Tenderloin & 100g Australian Black Angus Tenderloin, RM245
For more info or to make a reservation, call 03 2264 2264 or email KULHI_FB@hilton.com.
7. Make a reservation for The Joseph Drouhin Winemaker's Dinner at Saint Pierre KL, 7pm onwards, 26 February 2019
If you've yet to have a taste of Saint Pierre KL's modern French cuisine, this will be a great opportunity! For one night only, they'll be serving an exclusive six-course affair paired with luscious and natural French wines from one of Burgundy's most respected maisons. From scallop served with coriander, avocado and fennel to milk-fed beef with tonka bean and celeriac, expect a myriad of delicate flavours that will surely satiate your tastebuds.
RM598++ per pax. Reservations can be made via 03 2732 5008.