Pick up a new skill, be inspired, do something different
1. Check out the Mini Fashion Field Notes Capsule Collection at KLFW 2018, Level 3, Couture Pavilion KL, 8 Aug - 12 Aug
Mini Malaysia is presenting the collection for the first time in Asia. The 16-piece limited-run collection — a unique collaboration between Mini and The Woolmark Company — was recently featured at Pitti Uomo 94 in Italy, one of the most iconic fairs worldwide for men's fashion and lifestyle. Four up-and-coming designers from four different countries were given one theme: "Transcending Borders". Get up close with the collection and see how they translated their travel experiences into fashion pieces using the finest Merino wool.
2. Catch The Moscow Circus at Dataran Petaling Jaya, 10 Aug - 2 Sept
Still not over The Greatest Showman? The Moscow Circus is set to dazzle the crowd as they're here for an 8-month-long nationwide tour. First stop: Good ol' Petaling Jaya. The two-hour show will take place under a fully air-conditioned 2,700-seater circus tent with nearly 40 professional performers. And the best part is that it's proudly animal-free. Hugh Jackman not included.
3. Chasing Stars — 2D1N Milky Way Photography Workshop at Kuala Kubu Bharu, 11 - 12 Aug
Learn how to take mesmerising photos of the Milky Way while getting to know more about the solar system too. They'll even teach you the theory of astrophotography as well as impart some editing tips.
RM350 per person, inclusive of accommodation. For more info, visit the website.
4. Sign up for Clay Pottery Workshop or Batik Workshop at Kita Kita, Bukit Damansara, 10am - 12.30pm, 13 - 15 Aug
If you've got time to spare, why not pick up a new skill? It's kid-friendly too as the classes are open to age groups five and above.
RM180 per person, inclusive of materials. For more info, visit the event page.
5. Try the special Asam-themed menu at Botanica + Co, till 30 Sept
To pay homage to Malaysia this August and September, Botanica + Co has conjured a special menu filled with the best of asam dishes. From Asam Fish Nasi Kerabu to Asam Boi Mojito, it'll really get your taste buds tingling.