Running out of ideas on what to cook at home during the CMCO? In a continuing bid to support local (because #BUROSupportsLocal), we’ll be sharing delicious recipes by Malaysian hotels. Can’t go out to eat? Have a taste of it at home, made by you.
Pumpkin and Turmeric Gnocchi recipe by Chef Luigi Stinga, Mandarin Oriental Kuala Lumpur
With Gorgonzola foam, herbs cream and aromatic bread
- 300 gr Pumpkin
- 100 gr Kale
- 3 tbls Extra Virgin olive oil
- 50 gr Butter
- 20 gr Cream
- 50 gr Gorgonzola cheese
- 1 Egg
- 15 gr Turmeric
- 150 gr Flour
- 10 gr Salt
- 30 gr Aromatic Bread
- 30 gr Crushed Walnuts
- Peel and cut the pumpkin in 6 pieces and wrap in aluminium foil. Bake for 30 min, 180 degrees in preheated oven (until pumpkin is soft)
- Tip the pumpkin (warm and mashed with fork) on a clean work surface and sprinkle over the flour, make a well in the centre and add the egg, salt, turmeric and flour
- Mix together until the dough just forms (medium/hard consistency), then shape into a ball. Set for 30 mins.
- Meanwhile, boil the kale in boiling water (with salt) and after it’s cooked, blend well with salt and extra virgin olive oil
- Combine gorgonzola cheese (Italian blue cheese) with cream, salt and blend in high speed for 2 mins
- Divide the dough into equal pieces, then roll each piece into a long cylinder. Cut each cylinder into 2 cm pieces, then roll each piece on the prongs of a fork to give it a classic gnocchi shape
- Cook the gnocchi in salted boiling water until they float to the top, then drain thoroughly. Put in a hot pan with melted butter
- Pour the herbs cream on the plate, add the gnocchi and on each one, top it with a bit of aromatic bread. Finish off with gorgonzola foam and crushed walnuts for garnishing.
Also, why not keep up with Mandarin Oriental Kuala Lumpur on their Instagram?
|SHARE THE STORY|