The sparkle she deserves: Swarovski Mother's Day collection
There is nothing quite like spending quality time together with your mum to show your love and appreciation. But this Mother's Day, make the occassion extra special—celebrate your mum with the gift of precious jewellery that shines just as bright as your love for her. This is where Swarovski's new collection comes in: shimmering creations adorned with pearls will further define her classic elegance, while the recurring infinity symbol signifies everlasting love and affection.
Think pearls should only be reserved for black tie events and formal occasions? Swarovski challenges that notion by giving it a modern update—style the jewellery right and it can complement a contemporary chic look perfectly. Here are a few ways to style select pieces from the Mother's Day collection:
Taking cues from Chanel's latest AW16 show, when it comes to piling on pearls: the more the merrier. Well, no tiers of pearls here, but we are distributing it nicely across the look with a beautiful necklace, bracelet and earrings set. While tweed suits might not be the best idea in our weather, work a blazer with jeans and a pair of sandals for an effortless smart casual vibe—we especially love the accents of luxe gold embroidery on the Burberry Prorsum sandals.
Smart casual: Topshop Unique Jermyn pinstriped crepe blazer, Frame Denim Le Garcon mid-rise slim boyfriend jeans, Mansur Gavriel leather bucket bag and Burberry Prorsum appliquéd canvas and satin sandals
A more subtle, yet equally as glamorous interpretation of the classic pearl necklace, the angular design of the Edify series gives the exquisite jewellery a graphic edge. Soften that edge with a fresh and feminine look. While the dress and mid-heels are kept simple and classic, the bandana-inspired print on the Chloé bag gives the look a chic summer statement.
There is no rule saying you can only wear one necklace at a time—play with layering to give your getup a modern and dynamic finishing touch. We think a minimalistic ensemble will go exceptionally well with the timeless silver/white sparkle. Plus, you can hardly go wrong with a sleek monochromatic look. (p.s: how lovely are the scallop trims on those Chloé pumps?)
Looking to pamper your mum with a little something from the Swarovski Mother's Day collection? We're giving away 3 sets of Swarovski jewellery (as seen above) to 3 lucky readers and their mothers. The winners will receive:
Grand prize: For mum—Swarovski Nude Necklace and Nude Bracelet. For daughter—All Day Pierced Earrings Set
2nd prize: For mum—Edify Medium Necklace and Edify Bangle in rose gold. For daughter—Edify Pierced Earrings in rose gold
3rd prize: For mum—Edify Medium Necklace and Edify Small Necklace in rhodium silver. For daughter—Emily Bracelet in rhodium silver
To stand a chance to win, simply enter your details, and tell us why you love Buro 24/7 and something special about your mother in the form below:
Giveaway terms and conditions:
- This giveaway ends at 11:59pm, GMT+8, 1 May 2016. The winner will be announced on 2 May 2016.
- The winners of this giveaway will be notified via email.
- All information must be entered to qualify for this giveaway.
- Inability to contact the winner in 3 months of notification will result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
- This giveaway is only open to residents of Malaysia.
- Visuals in this post are for illustration purposes only.
- Buro 24/7 Malaysia will not entertain any complaints on the quality and quantity of the prizes after the prize is in the possession of the winner.
- Buro 24/7 Malaysia shall not be liable for any loss, including but not limited to direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence) in connection with participation in this competition or accepting or utilising a prize.
Buro 24/7 Selection
A silent interview with calligrapher and artist Joanna Chia
2018 FIFA World Cup: 10 Reasons to keep your eyes on the beautiful game this summer
7 Things you can do this long weekend: 15 - 18 June 2018
2018 FIFA World Cup: 5 Limited-edition collections to cop
Best dressed of the week: The cast of Ocean's 8
Buro 24/7 Selection