The new ‘au naturel’ according to Tory Burch
Fresh is best
Tory Burch SS18: The Inspiration
The collection was inspired by a juxtaposition of the old and the new, clashing of bold colours and motifs, and a stunning moodboard dreamed up as a result of redefined interiors and brilliant works of art by the late design legend, David Hicks.
New season beauty
Enter the new au naturel. In contrast to the collection, the designer went for a super fresh and modern look for the girls, avoiding the retro look in any way.
The new natural
The look in less than 10 words: Naturally beautiful, elegant and all grown up.
Pair with glowing skin
1. Prep by toning the skin before dabbing a little concealer to lighten any spots or blemishes.
2. Apply a light foundation to create a natural and even coverage.
3. Keep light dustings of powder to just the T-zone for a fresh finish.
Do the grown up smokey eye
1. Line the eyes on the inside (both underneath and on top) using a coffee-coloured pencil liner.
2. Using a brush, slightly blend and extend out to soften the look.
3. Apply a coat of mascara on the top lashes to complete the subtle smokey eye.
Give cheeks a light flush
Apply a soft blush to the apples of the cheeks for just a hint of natural colour.
Finish with the perfect pout
A subtle nod to the Sixties, fill lips in using a lip pencil with a slight pink tint, before patting gently with your finger to lighten the colour and give it an even finish.
And to complete the all-American look? A simple blowdry to smooth the hair down - lovely long walks down the garden of the Cooper Hewitt Museum in Carnegie Hill highly recommended, but optional.
More runway beauty inspo ahead...