How to: 3 Celebrity makeup looks from the SAG Awards 2019 you can emulate
If you've caught the red carpet lowdown from the SAG Awards 2019 just yesterday, you might have spotted all the breathtaking beauty moments from our fave celebs. But what's better than merely poring over their perfect lip shade and stunning eye makeup? A how-to guide achieving the looks yourself, of course. Below, we've compiled a list of professional tricks to score their effortless red carpet looks:
The Look: Old Hollywood with a vampy twist. This sultry look comprised dark metallic eyes and a noir pout.
Makeup by: Sarah Nicole Tanno
1. "I wanted the [eye makeup] texture to look like a glaze," says Tanno. She used the Marc Jacobs Beauty Eye-conic Frost Multi-Finish Eyeshadow in "Flamboyant" for this look.
2. First, apply the shade "Eleganza" all over the lids and under the outer corners of the eyes. Use "Hey Girl Hey" under the brow and in the inner corners of the eyes for a brightening effect.
3. Use the Highliner Gel Eye Crayon in "Blacquer" to tight line the eyes and blend out for a smokey look. Then, coat the top and bottom lashes with Velvet Noir Major Volume Mascara.
4. Create a vampy pout by heavily lining the lips with the Poutliner Longwear Lip Liner Pencil in "Currant Mood". Blend Le Marc Lip Crème Lipstick in "Blow" in the center to brighten the lips, and add on "Dashing" for a touch of cherry red.
The Look: Glowing skin with a hydrated finish
Skin prepped by: Daniel Martin
1. "The focus is on a dark lavender-chocolate smokey eye," says Martin. "Using these tones adds the depth without looking harsh in photos." Start off with Kiehl's Calendula & Aloe Soothing Hydration Mask as a pre-makeup treatment to calm the skin. "I wiped it off with a warm wash cloth, which gave her skin a hydrated, glowing finish."
2. While the mask was working its magic, apply Kiehl's Buttermask for Lips on the lips to prep it.
3. Apply Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream to hold down the foundation while moisturising the skin beneath.
4. For a natural highlighted look, use Kiehl's Daily Reviving Concentrate allover the face. "It doesn't interrupt the foundation and gives the skin a glow that looks like skin!" says Martin.
5. Apply Kiehl’s Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado underneath the eyes for added moisture. Mix it with concealer to add more radiance.
6. Finish off the look with the Dior Lip Maximizer in Pink.
The Look: Modern-day Audrey Hepburn
Makeup by: Monika Blunder
1. "I wanted her skin to look velvety with a touch of pink that was soft and didn’t compete with the dress," says Blunder. Gemma packed on the latest Youth Revolution skincare collection from AmorePacific before the night to brighten her skin, followed by Sulwhasoo Concentrated Ginseng Renewing Water for a dewy look.
2. Pat Sulwhasoo Perfecting Cushion Intense in No. 23 all over the skin for a flawless finish.
3. Blunder created a soft yet strong eye, so she used Sulwhasoo Radiance Blusher in No. 1 on the lids, along with a black liquid liner to create a small wing on the outer corners of the eyes. Curl the lashes then coat it with a black glossy mascara.
4. For a subtle glow, use Sulwhasoo Radiance Blusher in No. 1 on apples of the cheeks, then a glide of Sulwhasoo Essential Lip Serum in Sweet Pink for a pretty-in-pink look.
Buro 24/7 Selection
Leave a comment
Buro 24/7 Selection