If 2018 was the year of holographic nails and unusual nail shapes (corkscrew digits, anyone?), 2019 will give you a bag of surprises the best way possible. While we can’t resist timeless trends such as colour-blocking and negative-space nail art, these IG-worthy designs are what you need to spruce up your fingers during your next mani-pedi appointment.
A sucker for the bling? Pearls are the new sequins and if anyone tells you to dial it down, flutter your fingers and let your nail art do all the talking. Also on our new-season moodboards are a melange of textures, from iridescent foil to pearlised finishes. Which of these are your favourite?
1) This super pretty oil-spill foil nail art
2) Snazzy short nail art because who says you need long digits to rock a mani?
3) Tie-dye nails but with a modern twist
4) CD-inspired nails for that luminous shine
5) Throwing it back with tortoiseshell nail art
6) Amethyst crystal nail art in literal form (because rose quartz is so 2018)
7) Jelly nails, but make it goth
8) Could mother-of-pearl be the new marble?
9) No better way to complement your monochromatic makeup
10) We’re stoked that florals are back, especially when it comes with a ’90s charm
11) Liquid mirror nails to subtly catch the light without blinding anyone
12) Pearl-dotted digits are the easiest way to add a classy touch to your look
13) Tip dips are a thing now and we can’t get over how chic (and minimalist) it looks
|SHARE THE STORY|