Win: A Dior Prêt-à-Party makeover experience for a glamourous, festive-ready look
Amp up the glam
It's that time of the year again, where holiday beauty collections are rife with must-haves to pull off a statement-making, head-turning makeup look at the parties you'll be attending. Whether you prefer bold dramatic eyeshadows or a more subtle smokey eye, Dior's Prêt-à-Party holiday makeup collection is bound to make you the belle of the ball merely with its combination of outstanding shades and textures. Find out more about how this vibrant lineup fared as we reviewed two different looks—the dark and daring Nightfall and the delicate Aurora:
Cai Mei Khoo, Editor-in-Chief, Dior Nightfall Look
Smokey eyes are my go-to for a glamourous night out and while I typically go for black or dark brown shades, Dior’s 5 Couleurs eyeshadow palette in Nightfall offers a range of blues for a subtle twist on the classic party look. Pro tip: use an eyeliner as the base (I chose to use black here) before applying the darkest eyeshadow colour for greater intensity and longer lasting wear. Diorskin Forever primer is applied sparingly before Diorskin Forever fluid foundation, which melts into the skin to create the perfect canvas with a ‘soft focus’ effect. A couple of personal favourites for Dior’s ‘Nightfall’ look: the All-In-Brow 3D brow contour kit with two complementary shades of brown that help to define and give depth to the brows; and the Diorific lipstick, a long-wearing lipstick with luscious texture and rich, saturated colour that stays put long after the party has ended.
Loh Wei Yeen, Fashion & Beauty Writer, Dior Aurora Look
I am not usually one to sport the smoky eye look, mainly because I haven't found a way to master it expertly (read: not looking like I've got bruised eyes). But Dior's Holiday Look experience is converting me for various reasons: the 5 Couleurs eyeshadow palette in #826 Aurora offers four brown to mauve hues that are easily blendable and pigmented to last all night long, while the complementing Diorific 063 Adorée lipstick gives a perfect wash of nude to let the eyes take all the limelight. As we all know, prepping the face beforehand is just as important for the makeup to stand out—my lips were hydrated with Dior's Lip Glow Colour Reviver Balm from the start to ensure that the fine lines wouldn't mess with precise lip colour application towards the end of the session. But nothing beats a spritz of fragrance as the final touch to bring your festive-ready look (and feel) together—Miss Dior Absolutely Blooming EDP's fresh floral notes did just that, and more.
Great news for makeup lovers who want to revamp your look for the festive season—we're giving away exclusive invites to four readers to attend the Dior Holiday Look experience on 14 December, 2016 at Dior Backstage Studio, KLCC. Readers will be able to bring along a plus one for this makeup session using Dior's Prêt-à-Party collection, and walk away with a goodie bag worth more than RM400 after the makeover.
Giveaway terms and conditions:
- This giveaway ends at 11:59pm, GMT+8, 8 December 2016. The winner(s) will be announced on 9 December 2016.
- The winner(s) of this giveaway will be notified via email.
- All information must be entered to qualify for this giveaway.
- Inability to contact the winner(s) within 2 days of notification will result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner(s).
- Two makeover sessions are offered on 14 December 2016, at 10:30am and 2:30pm respectively, with 4 pax per session. Time slots are filled according to first come, first served basis.
- This giveaway is only open to residents in the Klang Valley.
- Buro 24/7 Malaysia will not entertain any complaints on the quality and quantity of the prizes after the prize is in the possession of the winners.
- Buro 24/7 Malaysia shall not be liable for any loss, including but not limited to direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence) in connection with participation in this competition or accepting or utilising a prize.