GrabFood launches today and here’s everything you need to know
“Crave it? Grab it”
Grab is officially the biggest player in its field. After Grab's acquisition of Uber's Southeast Asia operations, the company has thus assimilated several things, including Uber Eats—except they call it GrabFood and it officially launches today.
A quick check on the Uber Eats site showed us that you can no longer see any available restaurants when you type in your location in Kuala Lumpur. As mentioned before, all F&B options previously on the former service will be available on the GrabFood platform. There are however a few differences and none that you will dislike. Read on as we round up everything you need to know about GrabFood.
- You have to download the GrabFood app to use the service.
- The platform hosts over 300 merchants (with more to come) such as KGB (Bangsar), Makirito, La Juiceria Superfood Cafe, Inside Scoop and Devi's corner.
- GrabFood currently delivers to nine areas, which includes Mont Kiara, Bukit Damansara, Bangsar, KL City Centre and Kampung Baru. More areas will be added in the coming weeks.
- There is no minimum order required.
- The delivery fee is at a flat rate of RM5 per order. However, if you place orders at more than one restaurant at one time, you will have to pay a delivery fee per restaurant. For example, two restaurants equal a total of RM10 for the delivery fee.
- The above perhaps would apply more if you're planning to order from different restaurants to host a party. This brings us to our next point: You can schedule orders up to five days in advance. On the day of the delivery, just open the app to track the status of your order.
- Pay seamlessly with GrabPay, Grab's cashless payment method.
- GrabRewards is even easier now as every RM1 spent on GrabFood earns you five GrabRewards points.
- If you need napkins, flatware or plasticware, be sure to note it down in the Special Instructions box as some restaurants might not include them by default.
- First-time GrabFood users who pay via GrabPay can redeem RM15 off their first two orders with the code: GRABFOOD15* **.
*Applicable only if the subtotal of each order is RM20 and above.
**Valid till 30 June 2018 or up to the first 5,000 redemptions, whichever comes first.
For more info, visit GrabFood's website.