Meet Blunt: The world's strongest umbrellas are now in Malaysia
Come rain or shine
It's no secret that heat and humidity are the two words most associated to Malaysia's weather. On one hand, our tropical climate means almost anytime of the year is a good time to hit the beach; on the other, sometimes the heat can get quite unbearable, and all you want to do is stay in the cool, shaded indoors. We do have our rainy seasons, and when it rains—it really pours.
It makes only perfect sense that a good, sturdy and reliable umbrella should always be at hand, whether it be in your bag, car, office or home. Be honest—how many times have you thrown away or left behind an umbrella because the structure has given way in just a handful of uses? Or do you perhaps avoid using one at times in fear of poking someone with the tip of your umbrella?
Blunt puts those worries away with its revolutionary, innovative design. Founded by design engineer Greig Brebner and entrepreneur Scott Kington, both from New Zealand, in 2009, Blunt umbrellas were made to be the strongest in the world on a mission to curb the throwaway culture. The idea is for people to own one really good umbrella instead of throwing one out after just a few uses. Named after their unique rounded tips, the umbrellas features ultra-sturdy canopies with Radical Tensioning System, which allows it to withstand extraordinary wind strength.
To live up to its claim, each Blunt umbrella comes equipped with fibreglass ribs, aerodynamic handling, safety tips and global warranty. They undergo 38 point quality control check and wind tunnel testing before reaching consumers. Any doubts about Blunt should go away after watching the video below. Here, the Blunt Golf makes an appearance in National Geographic TV's Showdown of the Unbeatables. See how it fared with wind speeds up to 50 mph:
Blunt umbrella comes in a variety of models and colours, making it both fun and functional. If you want to take that extra precautionary step in sun protection, a few models are available with the UV canopy option too.
Blunt is now available for pre-order on the local website, with delivery expected at the end of August. But, here is how you can one of the very first people in Malaysia to own one—we are giving away five Blunt XS_Metro umbrellas worth RM270! All you have to do is fill in the form below to stand chance to win.
Giveaway terms and conditions:
- This giveaway ends at 11:59pm, GMT+8, 15 August 2016. The winner will be announced on 16 August 2016.
- The winner of this giveaway will be notified via email.
- All information must be entered to qualify for this giveaway.
- Inability to contact the winner(s) within 3 months of notification will result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner(s).
- Prizes not claimed within three months of notification email will result in forfeiture.
- This giveaway is only open to residents in the Klang Valley.
- Buro 24/7 Malaysia will not entertain any complaints on the quality and quantity of the prizes after the prize is in the possession of the winners.
- Buro 24/7 Malaysia shall not be liable for any loss, including but not limited to direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence) in connection with participation in this competition or accepting or utilising a prize.
Buro 24/7 Selection
7 Minutes with Korean-American pop sensation, Tiffany Young
A closer look at Chryseis Tan's bridal gowns
7 Most iconic celebrity birthday looks of all time
Best dressed of the week: Hannah Quinlivan, Kaia Gerber and Bella Hadid
7 Things you can do this weekend: 21 & 22 July 2018
Buro 24/7 Selection