7 Things you can do this weekend: 13—14 January 2018
Take your pick
1. Trial Boxing Class at LiquidCage@Verve Shops, till 13 Jan
There's a new boxing gym in town and you're invited to give it a go.
For more info, visit the website.
2. Everyone Can Quill - Chinese New Year Special workshop at CzipLee, 10.30am - 1.30pm, 13 Jan
Everything feels a little more special when it's handmade so why not learn the art of quilling for the upcoming Chinese New Year? You can use it to make cards or even just plain art pieces to decorate your home.
RM130 per person, inclusive of a starter kit. For more info, visit the website.
3. Calligraphy Class by Norihito Ishikawa at Isetan the Japan Store, 11.30am - 12.30pm, 13 Jan
Alternatively, delve deeper into Japanese calligraphy with a bamboo brush, black ink and the guidance of a Higashi Kuninomiya Cultural Prize Award winner. You'll learn how to write hiragana and your name in Japanese.
RM106 per person. For more info, visit the event page.
4. Be Gives Back charity event at Be Urban Wellness, 10am - 1pm, 14 Jan
Work out (choose from yoga to pilates to HIIT to aquatraining), shop, eat or do all three - all in the name of helping an old folks' home and a refugee centre.
RM10 per entry. All proceeds from the ticket price goes to charity. For more info, visit the website.
5. Mala Making Morning at Damansara Heights, 10am - 3pm, 14 Jan
Learn how to make your mala, tasbih or buddhist prayer bead necklace complete with your own tassel.
RM330 per person, inclusive of materials (extra charges apply for additional crystals). For more info, visit the event page.
6. Go cafe-hopping
Have you checked out this month's roundup of new cafes yet?
7. Make your reservations for a dining experience with 2-star Michelin Chef Pere Planaguma at The St. Regis KL
Spanish 2-star Michelin Chef Pere Planaguma is taking over the kitchen at The Brasserie from 19 till 21 January and you won't want to miss a taste of his exquisite culinary style. What's even more special is that he will be creating a menu inspired by The St. Regis KL's renowned collection of art.
Available for lunch and dinner with prices starting from RM338 nett. Sunday Brunch will be priced from RM298 nett or RM468 nett (with alcohol pairing). For more info or to make a reservation, call 03 2727 6666 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.