#CurrentlyCraving: Royce' chocolates and what makes them different
The sweet taste of Hokkaido
Of all the things that Japan is known for, chocolates are certainly not one of them - with the exception of Royce' chocolates. Established in 1983 in Hokkaido, the agricultural heart of Japan, Royce' uses only high quality ingredients and fresh dairy products in their unique recipes.
Unlike European chocolates, the ones made by Royce' have a lighter and softer texture, and they're less sweet. The best example of this is the Royce' Nama Chocolate, which is the most popular pick in Malaysia that literally melts in the mouth. A fine, delicate pairing of fresh Hokkaido cream and decadent chocolate, it's so sensitive to warmth and pressure that it requires a special spatula to be served. Some of the available Royce' Nama Chocolate flavours include Au Lait, Champagne Pierre Mignon and Maccha, as well as non-liquor flavours like Ghana bitter, Mild Cacao and Ecuador Sweet.
In Japan, however, the best-selling Royce' creation is the salty-sweet Potatochip Chocolate that was invented in 2002. The salty ridged potato chips are individually coated with chocolate - available in three flavours, Original, Fromage Blanc and Mild Bitter - and may be a surprise at first bite but extremely addictive after.
From time to time, Royce' will produce limited seasonal flavours for its Royce' Nama Chocolate and currently in Malaysia, it's the Nama Grand Marnier - a refreshing mix of tangy citrus and rich cognac brandy.
As Royce' prides themselves in using only the freshest ingredients, the shelf life of their chocolates is only one to three months, proving that they don't contain any preservatives and are manufactured freshly and consistently.
You can find Royce' outlets in Isetan KLCC, Bangsar Village, Tropicana City Mall, The Gardens Mall, Ben's Independent Grocer at Publika, Empire Shopping Gallery and Tropicana Golf & Country Resort. But if you're craving for some Royce' chocolates with no time to head out to the shops, you can purchase them online at their e-store and have them delivered chilled within three working days.
Satisfy your chocolate cravings on us as we're giving away four Royce' chocolate hampers worth RM500! All you have to do is fill in the form below to stand a chance to win.
Giveaway terms and conditions:
- This giveaway ends at 11:59pm, GMT+8, 15 July 2016. The winner(s) will be announced on 18 July 2016.
- The winner(s) of this giveaway will be notified via email.
- All information must be entered to qualify for this giveaway.
- Inability to contact the winner(s) within 3 months of notification will result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner(s).
- Prizes not claimed within three months of notification email will result in forfeiture.
- This giveaway is only open to residents in the Klang Valley.
- Buro 24/7 Malaysia will not entertain any complaints on the quality and quantity of the prizes after the prize is in the possession of the winners.
- Buro 24/7 Malaysia shall not be liable for any loss, including but not limited to direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence) in connection with participation in this competition or accepting or utilising a prize.