Update your wardrobe with Pantone’s newest colour, inspired by Prince
The late music icon has always been associated with the purple hue since the release of his famed "Purple Rain" album in 1984, and now, 23 years later, he'll be honoured with a personalised shade from the Pantone Colour institute and the Prince Estate, named Love Symbol #2. The aubergine shade is an ode to Prince's mark on music, art, fashion and culture, and it is inspired by the star's custom-made purple piano from Yamaha—scheduled to be on his "Piano and Microphone" tour before his untimely death. Following the official release of the regal colour, it will be used to represent the pop star across all channels, and according to the Vice President of the Pantone Colour Institute, Laurie Pressman, it'll "maintain the same iconic status as the man himself".
"The colour purple was synonymous with who Prince was and will always be. This is an incredible way for his legacy to live on forever," – Troy Carter, Entertainment Advisor to Prince's Estate.
Shop from our list of purple-hued products this season:
1. Embellished leather shoulder bag by Prada
2. 'Plexi' suede pumps by Gianvito Rossi
3. CK One stretch-cotton jersey soft-cup bra by Calvin Klein Underwear
4. 'Caten' patch cotton baseball hat by Dsquared2
5. Printed scarf by McQ Alexander McQueen
6. 'Believer' round-frame gold-tone sunglasses by Dita
7. 'So Lanvin' crossbody bag by Lanvin
8. Silk crepe de chine shirt by Prada
9. 'Ren 85' sandals by Jimmy Choo