You wish you were: Arabyrd
Keepin' it cool
One-half of DJ duo Twinkies and artist Arafah Edruce—known as Arabyrd—has been on our radar for sometime now, and it's not only for her musical talent. Her nonchalantly cool style is not one to be missed too—just scroll through her Instagram feed and you'll get why. From looking ultra-glam in a flowy kaftan to street-casual athleisure looks, trust us when we say that she nails them all. As 2019 is coming to an end, we got in touch with the DJ on her thoughts on personal style and what she thinks about fashion trends as a whole.
1. Three words that best describe your style?
Comfortable. Impulsive. Nike.
2. How does your work as a DJ influence your love for fashion?
I'm very blessed to be able to work with different brands, and being able to give the outfits they provide and dress me in my own lil' spin is super fun.
3. Who is your ultimate style icon?
4. It's the party season. What's your mantra for festive dressing?
Treat yourself by getting that one item you've always wanted, and naturally, you'll look and feel nice.
5. What's the one fashion faux pas you can't stand?
Themed parties. Meh!
6. Name a fashion trend you just don't get.
One word: Yeezy's.
7. If you could only wear one outfit for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Pagoda T-shirt, Levi's 501s, and Nike Air Force 1s.
8. What are some of the boldest fashion trends you've tried so far?
I've never followed trends, and I don't think I ever will!
9. What are your thoughts on the fashion industry in Malaysia?
It's bold—good or bad, it's up to you to decipher (haha).
10. What are some of your favourite local brands?
Against Lab, Ezzati Amira, Afiq M, Tengku Syahmi, and Kit Woo.
11. Your favourite purchase this year?
My new home.