7 Minutes with South Korean It-girl Irene Kim
Street style star
Following the likes of Moscow, Beijing, Tokyo and Berlin, Max Mara's 'Coats!' exhibition has landed in Seoul—at Dongdaemun Design Plaza, to be exact—and it's all about celebrating 60 amazing years of its iconic coats. Segregated into seven themed rooms, the retrospective will be dedicated to the brand's founder Achille Maramotti's idea to "make the ordinary extraordinary" by zooming in on how the coat (and the wearer) have evolved throughout the decades. As one of the few influencers who were invited to visit the Max Mara archives, we got the South Korean street style star to talk about her personal style, and how she plans to lend the signature coats her own touch.
1. Describe your style in three words.
Colorful, comfortable and unpredictable!
2. Describe your lazy-day outfit.
Leather jacket, jeans, white t-shirt, and mules.
3. What is your biggest trend obsession at the moment?
4. Any style tips for ladies who are always on the go?
Be dressed for any occasion—you never know who you're going to meet or where you'll end up. I always keep a pair of statement earrings and lip tint in my bag.
5. How do you feel about the current fashion scene in Seoul?
The fashion scene is very young and they all have very good taste.
6. Describe Max Mara in three words.
Timeless, iconic, and modern.
7. Tell us more about your collaboration with the brand in conjunction of this exhibition.
I really felt I had a special connection working with Max Mara because we really got to integrate the history fashion and the current digital world of fashion.
8. How would you style Max Mara's camel coat?
A sheer black turtleneck, high-waisted jeans and white patent booties.
9. Do you have a favorite piece from the brand apart from its signature coat?
The cozy knits that I can snuggle into!
10. The holiday season is coming up—what are some of the items that are on your Christmas wishlist?
Thigh high boots, cosy knits and oversized coats.
11. Any style tips on holiday dressing?
Always add a bit of sparkle.
12. What's next for you?
Working on expanding my production company called Hi Studio!