How to: Gisele Bundchen's head-turning beauty look at the Met Gala 2018
If you've seen all the OTT looks on the red carpet of the Met Gala 2018 (along with captivating hair and makeup looks to go with it), it's safe to say that celebrities definitely had their dream team backing them to a tee yesterday evening. Hollywood's finest hair and makeup professionals got their hands busy all night long, creating stunning looks worthy of their heavenly ensembles. One of our favourites is Hung Vanngo, the talented makeup artist behind celebrities' including Selena Gomez and Gisele Bundchen. Below, the Kiehl’s consulting celebrity makeup artist shares his beauty sheet with us on getting Gisele's makeup look:
1. Gisele's skin was cleansed with Kiehl's Calendula Deep Cleansing Foaming Face Wash, then exfoliated the skin with Kiehl's Pineapple Papaya Facial Scrub.
2. After rinsing off the product and drying off the face with a towel, the skin was treated with an extra boost of hydration courtesy of the Kiehl's Calendula & Aloe Soothing Hydration Mask, leaving it on her face for five minutes.
3. Post mask, the skin was patted down with Kiehl’s Calendula Herbal Extract Alcohol-Free Toner, and finished off with Ultra Facial Cream. A dollop of Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado was applied around the eye area, and her lips were moisturised with Lip Balm #1.
"After the skin was prepped with skincare, I applied a little bit of Marc Jacobs Beauty Coconut Primer. A sheer application of Marc Beauty Shameless Foundation in shade ‘Y370’ was used all over. For any areas that needed extra coverage, I used Re(Marc)able Concealer in ‘Glow.’ To add radiance, I tapped a bit of Dew Drops Coconut Gel Highlighter in “Fantasy” on top of the cheekbones, and then I dusted a bit of Finish Line Perfecting Coconut Setting Powder over the face to set the complexion. For a little color and warmth, I used a combination of Air Blush in 'Lines & Last Night' and O!Mega Bronzer in 'Tan Tastic.'"
1. For eyes, apply a wash of gold eyeshadow from the Edgitorial Eye-conic palette all over the lid (and all the way up to the brow bone) and under the lashes.
2. Use the New Glam Glitter Eye Gel Crayon in ‘Glitterbug’ along the upper lash line and softly smudged the outer line. Build the thickness and repeat the smudging process. After that, add a tight upper lash line by using same eyeliner pencil, then intensify and gradually build up the color and slightly elongate the eyes by pulling shadows and eyeliner into the outer corner of the eye.
3. Add green eyeshadow from the same palette on lower lash line in subtle strokes, then blend well. Apply New Glam Glitter Eye Gel Crayon in ‘All That Glitters’ on the lower waterline. Complete the look with the Velvet Noir Mascara on the top lashes, and Feather Noir Mascara on the lower lashes.
4. Fill in the brows with short strokes of Brow Wow in ‘Taupe’ and ‘Ash Brown,’ and brush them into place with Brow Tamer Gel.
5. Outline the lips with Poutliner in ‘Oh! Cocoa,’ and then apply a coat of Le Marc Lip Crème in ‘Shakedown.' To help the makeup last all evening, set it with Coconut Setting Mist.