The French girl's beauty secret to getting a foolproof, golden glow
No filter needed
There is a reason why the founder of By Terry, Terry de Gunzburg has been touted the 'Steve Jobs of makeup'—she was the creator of the ionic YSL Touche Éclat brush-on highlighter pen that was launched in the '90s. Known for creating professional makeup tools that take innovation and functionality into consideration, de Gunzburg's latest Expert range is all about making photoshoot-worthy looks achievable for everyday. The collection boasts a Intensive Mimetic Camouflage technology that is formulated with a blend of optical prisms, pigments, and mineral powders to blur imperfections while capturing and reflecting light the best way possible.
We recently explored two new products in the Expert 2017 range that guarantees a flawless complexion:
De Gunzburg wanted a nifty tool that can achieve more than meets the eye, et voilà—the Stylo-Expert Click Stick was created. This one-stick wonder boasts a creamy, lightweight formula that you can use to conceal and contour at the same time. Thanks to macadamia oil, it also moisturises your skin without drying it out or causing fine lines. Expect a matte, velvety finish that's easy to achieve.
1. Apply the lighter shade on your undereye areas, bridge of nose, and the middle of your chin; apply the darker shade around the forehead area.
2. Blend it with By Terry Expert Sponge Brush. Spray toner over the brush first for a fresh effect on your skin and to prevent a cakey finish.
3. Blend the concealer (from light to dark tones) in a gentle, dabbing motion instead of swiping it over your skin. This will ensure that you don't 'wipe' away the product from your face.
By Terry Compact-Expert Dual Powder is a multipurpose compact that is suitable for all skin tones. It has a matte powder that works well as a concealer, bronzer, and contour colour; while the middle lies a iridescent highlighter that you can use as a cheek colour or for strobing. The beauty about this compact lies in its versatility—you can blend both shades to explore a range of effects.
"I love to mix both colours together. To me, it's the perfect balance between the glow and pigments. Mixing both allows the finish to catch the light at the same time, allowing for a luminous effect. I usually use it altogether—just use a brush and swirl both colours to pick up enough product. There are no rules when it comes to this compact—it's for everyone, depending on what kind of finish you like," says By Terry International Makeup Artist Garance Blanche.
1. Dip the top end of a tapered contour brush to the highlighter and apply it on the nose and chin.
2. Use the eyebrush to apply highlighter on the inside corners of the eyes.