Healthy luminous skin reigned backstage at Dior Summer 2020 Men’s Collection
Clean, groomed skin with a luminous finish never hurt anybody, and if there's anything we love more about this look at Dior Summer 2020 men's fashion show, it's how perfectly gender-fluid it is—and easy to achieve, if you have the right tools and technique.
Amidst the pastel pink backdrop of the runway setup, this look had all the bearings of a summer-ready aesthetic—from the healthy, flawless skin to shiny, gelled-down locks created by celebrity hairstylist Guido Palau.
Dior's Creative and Image Director Peter Philips wanted a "natural, luminous, glowing look", and the best way to achieve this look was with a primer that works wonders: the new Dior Backstage Face & Body Primer. "Use a little bit. It unifies the skin, it blurs, and at the same time it gives a little bit of luminosity. Then you top it if needed with a bit of foundation and concealer," he said.
Here's how you can get the look, as told by Peter Philips:
1. Prep skin with Dior Homme Dermo System (an after-shave lotion, eye serum and moisturising emulsion).
2. Even out complexion with Dior Backstage Face & Body Primer in 001 Universal.
3. Apply Dior Backstage Face & Body Foundation from the centre of the face outwards, then use Dior Forever Undercover Concealer on blemishes, dark spots and areas with uneven skintone.
4. Groom brows with Diorshow Brow Styler and finish with Diorshow Pump 'N' Brow.
5. Prep lips with Dior Lip Maximizer 001 Pink for a plump effect, then use a piece of tissue paper or cotton bud to gently dab the lips to remove the shine.
Fun fact: The Dior Backstage makeup line is meant to be versatile enough for both men and women to use, whether for backstage or in real life. "It is like an "all-gender" makeup line. I use the same products (basic beautifying products) for the men's as for the women's shows and they just fit all skin tones and all skin types," said Philips.