What you need to ace the ‘my lips but better’ look
While red lipstick is a classic that everyone adores, nude lipstick is the underrated sister that deserves more attention. It is just as versatile in creating an attractive au naturel look. Just look at stars like Margot Robbie, Lupita Nyongo, Meghan Markle and Gigi Hadid, who have all famously worn the natural shade down the red carpet and score big in the beauty department.
Nudes can be taupe, rose, caramel and toffee. While it is open to interpretation and experimentation, keep this little piece of nugget in mind when you're out finding the best nude lipstick for your skin tone - nudes look best when it is one shade lighter or darker than your complexion. But also take into consideration the colour of your lips. Don't go too light that you appear washed out or too dark that you look dull. Opt for something that complements both your natural lip colour and skin tone, like these ones below:
1. Tom Ford Beauty Lip Color in 'Erogenous', RM210
2. Make Up For Ever Artist Natural Lipstick in 'Iridescent Pink Beige', RM100
3. Estée Lauder Pure Color Envy Hi-Lustre Light Sculpting Lipstick in 'Nude Reveal', RM115
4. Marc Jacobs Beauty New Nudes Sheer Gel Lipstick in 'Anais', RM125
5. Benefit They’re Real! Double The Lip Lipstick & Liner in 'Nude Scandal', RM105
6. Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire – Deliciously Shiny Lip Colour in 'Beige Lingerie', RM135
7. Smashbox Always On Liquid Lipstick in 'Stay Neutral', RM110
8. Tarte Tarteist Creamy Matte Lip Paint in 'Tbt', RM95
All lipsticks are available via Sephora.