Getting out of bed on Monday mornings is especially hard. If you're the sort that hits the snooze button one time too many, you're likely to end up skipping breakfast too. Quick fix? Overnight oats.
Oats pack a punch with nutrients like magnesium, fibre, protein and potassium. It is the best way to increase your energy levels, getting you through Monday blues and easing into the week in a better mood. All it takes is 2 minutes of assembly before you sleep for a delicious and nutritious breakfast ready in the morning. There are limitless possibilities when making overnight oats but here's a basic recipe you can't go wrong with:
Overnight oats recipe:
1. Fill a jar or airtight container with:
- 1/2 cup of rolled oats
- 2/3 cup of water or any kind of milk
- 1/2 cup of plain yogurt
- A tiny pinch of salt
- A pinch of cinnamon (optional)
2. Leave in refrigerator while you sleep.
3. Remove from refrigerator in the morning and top it off with either berries of your choice, or get creative and add any kind of fruit. If you prefer a bit more sweetness, add 1/2 tablespoon of honey, agave syrup or brown sugar.
4. Enjoy the overflowing goodness from the jar.