5 Things to know about Louis Vuitton Cruise 2017
A sporty affair
1. The stunning destination Cruise show took place at the Oscar Niemeyer-designed Niterói Contemporary Art Museum. One of Rio de Janeiro's main landmarks, the building's outdoor plaza was transformed into a front-row-only show space, with multicoloured stools set up for the guests.
2. Nicolas Ghesquière's Cruise 2017 collection for Louis Vuitton was very much inspired by Rio—the colourful and vibrant nature of the city intertwined with the designer's futuristic tendencies and signature bold graphics seamlessly. There were no short of ruffles and colourblocking details; at the same time, Ghesquière kept the brand's Parisian sophistication in mind with sleek and edgy monochromatic ensembles.
3. With the 2016 Summer Olympics just on the horizon, the clothes were aptly laced with sports references. There were even football embroideries making a statement on a few numbers—a trait that the locals will definitely appreciate, given the host city's strong association with the sport. Was it a coincidence that the UEFA Champions League final was taking place over the weekend as well?
4. There was a lot to love when it came to accessories on the runway: from bold printed skinny scarves and to the LV boombox bag. We also love the new colour updates that adorned the Twist.
5. In attendance were Louis Vuitton campaign stars Alicia Vikander and Jaden Smith, as well as Catherine Deneuve, Zendaya, Doona Bae, Liu Wen, Grace Coddington and Buro 24/7 founder Miroslava Duma. Brazilian model Alessandra Ambrosia took over the company's Snapchat for the day as she brought all the action live to followers at home.
Take a look at the full collection here:
- Image: Getty Images
Buro 24/7 Selection
NYFW AW18 street style: (Faux) fur jackets reign
New York Fashion Week AW18: Highlights of Day 7
How to ace that second-day hair look effortlessly this #CNY2018
24 Minutes with Julian Yee, Malaysia's first Olympic figure skater
A retrospective of red lipstick and why it should be your go-to shade
Buro 24/7 Selection